What if i suspend my gigs for a while? [Question]

papahack

You keep your ratings, but not sure about your level. You will obviously not appear in any searches because it’s suspended, so people won’t know you have a GIG. Also returning customers won’t be able to return if you have any.

I too would extend the GIG time and then add in your description that you are away. At least that way it will stay on the radar 🙂

I use gigs suspension very very often and i’ve never had any problems with search results and getting orders. I have a website building gig which is suspended most of the time even for months and when i unpause i never have any problems… so you are the one to decide which is better for you. If i were you i would extend the delivery time as you’re not having express gigs.

• 1 month later...

Yes you can lose level 1 and 2 status. I just did yesterday. The reason I lost it is because I temporarily suspended my gigs. I am a student getting a Geology degree and these last few weeks of the semester had lots of tests, finals, and field trips. I got an email saying I lost the status because I haven’t had enough sales last month. Guess I will have to work my way back up.

I used to suspend when I was really worried about keeping my express status active. But I have had some trouble suspending. Mostly with returning customers wondering if something had happened. It can be a hassle having to answer worried messages wondering where you went.

I’ve never had trouble regaining my ratings because of suspension. I can only assume that the high ranking people in my catagory have suspended their gigs when they go away (and I move up briefly lol)

Archived