What Is 1 Thing You're Thankful For This Year?

emeraldawnn

We know 2020 is a bad year. After all, you have the coronavirus, then murder hornets, then a messed up U.S. election and the recent Nashville suicide bomber attack. There hasn’t been a lot of 2020 that’s been good (at least from my perspective).

Despite all that, is there anything you are thankful for in this year?

I’ll start. I am thankful for the ability to give my son’s best friend a forever home. Yet not official because of the lack of money to make it be that way, we welcomed this teenage boy into our home and call him our own. When his mother removed him from our care last month, we were worried we’d never see him again. Last week, she dropped him at our door at 1 a.m. with no prior notification.

Yes, authorities are involved, and we were told that chances are he’d be ours for good is high. I’d like to make it official, but I need to gather the money to do this. It’s been a rough year with the loss of my school job, covid diagnosis and husband’s ICU and hospital stay for another health ailment.

Still, knowing that the DHS is on my side for this, makes me feel confident that he has his forever home.

What about y’all?!

Hellooooo, @emeraldawnn!

It is so good to see 👀 you here again. I also am delighted that one young man will have a forever home and a better shot at life because of you and your husband’s generosity. But my oh my you will have your hands full.

I am sorry to hear you lost your school job due to COVID. Here in Montana, the schools are still in session when they can be, and if anyone in a classroom gets the ‘Rona’, they go virtual until everyone is cleared to go back. My grandchildren were happy to be back in school this fall after not being there since last March.

So, you had COVID? I am happy you seem to be okay now. I hope your husband is on the mend and all recovered after his ailment.

Yes, 2020 was not a good year, but I still have many things I am thankful for. At the top of the list is that my husband, who had a heart attack two years ago, is diabetic and has asthma survived having COVID. I am also thankful that I did not get it! ☺️

Archived