What is a design concept

ronc0011

I’m in the process of creating a new gig for graphic design. In the forms for creating the gig there is a dropdown for “Design Concepts” and another dropdown for “Revisions”. I’m clear on the meaning of a revision in this context but I’m thinking 2 Design Concepts would mean two designs i.e. 2 designs for $5.00 ( basic plan ) . Am I correct in my understanding.

• 1 year later...

“Initial concept” or “sketch” is a rough idea you may need to present to the buyer for approval before finalizing the design so you don’t spend a lot of time on something you’re not sure the buyer will like.

It doesn’t have to look too polished or complete but it has to communicate the idea you have clearly. You can do it in any graphic design software of your choice as long as the buyer can open and view it. Something simple like .JPG or .PNG would be a good idea.

I have no idea what your prices are but I’d say if you sell starting $50 you can offer a $5 test order for a sketch if the buyer insists on having it. If the buyer likes it, they can proceed with the full price order.

If you’re offering $5 logos, don’t send people sketches, period. There is a 99.99% chance it is a scam and a person is looking for ways to get you to work for free.

I personally don’t provide sketches and sell 1 concept per order but I have a brief I ask the buyers to fill out to minimize any misunderstandings and make sure we understand each other well. It works most of the time.

Archived