What is a gig and how to purchase one properly

Guest matt_garry

Guest matt_garry

I have had a lot of trouble with my costumers in the past because they don’t under stand how to purchase gig properly for instance when you purchase 1 gig (5$ purchase) your money is in limbo until you deliver the info so buying 1 gig involves 2 steps purchase and then delivering the info. If you purchase and don’t deliver the info the person you hired can not start what you are paying them for. it is the same as you not buying anything because that money isn’t in their hands or yours its just waiting for you to either cancel it or deliver it.

Another example is say the service you bought is 2 gigs that means you have to buy and deliver the info twice even if its just for 1 service if you just deliver info once you are only buying 1 gig .

Witch makes it incredibly conflicting to the seller they are thinking hmm I have only been paid half what was offered for my service do I half ass it? do I not do it at all? do I just wait for this buyer to come back on even though you mite not even come back on to this site until the last day of your order due date and that would make it impossible to deliver the work on time making the seller look bad for no reason. So in a way you are making it so its impossible for you to get what you paid for.

So in conclusion even if you buy 10 gigs you need to buy it and then deliver the info 10 times or all you did was freeze up your money for absolutely no reason.

Yea it may go away after you level up like vedmak said. But dont screw it up by going off-site to make payments. I did that because I didnt know what fiverr really was going to do for me and my account got flagged. That was over 5 months ago and I’ve made hundreds of dollars since then… I am still not level 1.

To get people to understand how to put instructions in each order. Tell them what I do. People just dont read. And the shorter the better. Because this happens so much , I urge it to everyone like this. And I put this in the buyer’s instructions field on my gig I believe.

IMPORTANT - If you order multiple gigs. Copy and Paste the instructions into each gig you order. Blank gig orders cannot be completed and this will cause delays. I repeat , all order must contain Some text so just write something or copy/paste the same instructions into each gig ordered.

Good luck tho. This has helped me weed out most… but not all customers seem to get it. You can also get a lot of information across by putting information such as pricing or the statement above in a picture and put it at the end of your video of that gig’s intro video with a big PAUSE NOW text so they know to pause and read that before the video ends. That helps explain a lot if you cant fit stuff into your gig description.

Yea it may go away after you level up like vedmak said. But dont screw it up by going off-site to make payments. I did that because I didnt know what fiverr really was going to do for me and my account got flagged. That was over 5 months ago and I’ve made hundreds of dollars since then… I am still not level 1.

To get people to understand how to put instructions in each order. Tell them what I do. People just dont read. And the shorter the better. Because this happens so much , I urge it to everyone like this. And I put this in the buyer’s instructions field on my gig I believe.

IMPORTANT - If you order multiple gigs. Copy and Paste the instructions into each gig you order. Blank gig orders cannot be completed and this will cause delays. I repeat , all order must contain Some text so just write something or copy/paste the same instructions into each gig ordered.

Good luck tho. This has helped me weed out most… but not all customers seem to get it. You can also get a lot of information across by putting information such as pricing or the statement above in a picture and put it at the end of your video of that gig’s intro video with a big PAUSE NOW text so they know to pause and read that before the video ends. That helps explain a lot if you cant fit stuff into your gig description.

Archived