Fiverr Community Forum

What is FIVERR ID VERIFICATION

I looked for the screen-shot looks like I deleted it.

Basically I had funds that would clear AFTER my account was restricted.

You get a banner at the top of the screen that your account will be restricted and you will not be able to buy, sell, or withdraw funds until you verify your ID. (15 days, and it counts down each day)

So I closed my account knowing that it would be 90 days before I should get my funds, but at least I’d get them. (That was my thinking) But re closing it after the restriction, I have no idea. There’s nothing in the TOS about this new system and withdrawals.

3 Likes

I’m just so sorry you went through all this. Someone who depended on fiverr for their entire income could have a heart attack from this. I didn’t have much sympathy when it was someone who broke the rules but this is different… This is without any type of rule breaking.

In this case, sellers should probably attempt to verify once immediately and if that attempt doesn’t work, pause gigs for 14 days to make sure they can withdraw any earnings before trying again.

Quite a baffling situation to be in. When its my turn I’m going to vlog the process. At least if I get banned I can then start a career as an epic Fiverr memer. :slight_smile:

The good news, of course, is that you have your account back. I’ve taken 6-month long and impromptu 2-4 week breaks from Fiverr in the past. Sales do pick up slowly. In this case, don’t lose faith just yet. Also, maybe consider expanding your range of gigs while sales are slow.

In either case, thank you for sharing your story and good luck!

2 Likes

I do (did) depend on it for all my income. :frowning:

Found the pic of the warning you get, so we all know what we are talking about.

(That bar across the top)

2 Likes

I thought it was 14 days. So if you miss doing it in 8 days what happens, you are permanently banned? Or your account is restricted until you do it?

1 Like

Hi, I used a scanned ID to verify. I got the congratulatory message not until after I saw that one shouldn’t used a scanned ID as it is hard for Fiverr to verify it. Hope this won’t get my account in trouble?

Where did you send the scanned ID to? I thought it had to be on the phone?

1 Like

The scanned ID was on my phone

Where did you send the scanned ID to? I thought it had to be on the phone?
[/quote]

Yeah, huh?

I love how you couldn’t buy or sell but could still buy a Learn course. :smile:

4 Likes

I had it on my phone

Did you scan it with your phone camera or a real scanner? Did the app allow you to upload this as a file from your phone when asking you to take a picture of your ID?

2 Likes

I found this, for Android:

Scan a document
Open the Google Drive app Google Drive.
In the bottom right, tap Add.
Tap Scan Scan.
Take a photo of the document you’d like to scan.
Adjust scan area: Tap Crop.
Take photo again: Tap Re-scan current page Refresh.
Scan another page: Tap Add.
To save the finished document, tap Done.

1 Like

I scanned it with a real scanner and it allowed me upload it from my phone

I know we’re all thinking the same thing.

If you can do that, why wouldn’t someone just forge an ID?

That makes the system 100% defeated.

What’s this for? I’m a bit confused

I’m not sure yet I CAN do that lol. I don’t use my phone for anything but calling, texts, and occasional photos.

I’m confused too. Someone said they scanned their ID with their phone so I looked that up and found that. It sounds like it’s just a picture to me.

How do you upload something you scanned to your phone?

I was actually thinking that I would scan my passport to make sure the image is perfect.

However, yes, his is highly unusual for a genuine KYC ID app.

The thing is, it would actually be much easier for sellers to get scanned ID documents and high-quality selfie images ready in advance to upload when necessary, especially if they are using an old smartphone with a potato camera.

EDIT: Once again, this is where some official guidelines would come in super handy :slight_smile:

1 Like