Fiverr Community Forum

What is Fiverr's Policy if Seller Takes Money & Deletes Account?

What is fiverr’s refund policy if I pay a brand new seller for a big gig and they delete their account after I pay them?

Money is only released to the seller 14 days after the order was marked as complete.

Don’t mark the order as complete until you have checked that all the work is really done.

1 Like

Oh, okay.

Thank you for the tip @catwriter!

1 Like

Sounds like the account was restricted or banned. Can you still message them through the order page?

Depending on which (more info here: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360014585217) your seller might be able to continue the order and you might still get the work done. I would recommend reaching out to CS and ask that if the account was banned, that you get the order cancelled. It’s up to you if you want to request the same if it’s merely restricted.

1 Like

You’re welcome!

Another tip would be to read Fiverr’s Terms of Service; it’s not some boring text, they explain how Fiverr works, what’s allowed, and what isn’t, so you’ll be able to recognize some of the scams in advance (when you get asked to break the rules, basically), and you’ll also learn what are your options in various situations.

2 Likes