What is revision to us?

ze_blender3d

What do revision means to the seller?

How to define a revision, and tell the buyer wants is the revision.

I know different gigs got different meanings of revision. I’ll like to hear from your definition 🙂

Thanks

What do revision mean to the seller?

It’s up to you to define what you consider a revision.

For me revision is a minor changes on the work that I delivered.

But some people consider redoing the whole work a revision.

But it’s always up to you to define what do YOU consider a revision

I think I agree with @mariashtelle1’s take on things - what a revision is / its extent can only be defined by you. For example, I offer writing-related services so my revisions tend to vary from project to project. Some factors I take into consideration are these:

1. Proportionate to overall gig package cost (i.e., 2 revisions for a $30 package)
  2. Type of project (i.e., if it’s a poem or a story gig, I freeze the storyboard with my client before I proceed to write and I inform them in advance that major structural changes to the storyline (after they’ve confirmed) cannot be counted as a revision but rather a separate gig due to the amount of work that will go into reworking the same)

Most of the time, my revisions are restricted to minor changes - word replacements, rephrasing of sentences, etc. No major rework. It helps to define the scope of your revisions either in your gig’s FAQs or with the client beforehand. Hope this helps ^^

… and don’t expect buyers to read your mind. If you offer revisions, clearly define what “revisions” means in the FAQ and in the buyer requirements …

Very accurate. I’ve started to write out the scope/extent of my revisions in every possible place in the gig, so that even if the buyer doesn’t read it in the FAQs, there’s a chance that they may read it in the requirements section. Or on the order page during the communication. In spite of that, there are a few that pop up demanding incredulous levels of rework in the guise of revisions…thankfully, that number has reduced for the time-being, hoping it stays that way!

Small to moderate edits to the delivered product. No more than 10-15% of the entire thing.

Some buyers love to push it, of course.

Small to moderate edits to the delivered product. No more than 10-15% of the entire thing.

Some buyers ask me a new recording for free as a revision, even if I have everything explained at my GIG description and requirements. Most of the times they claim for an exception and talk about a bad review to make me change my mind. There is when a print screen do all the magic.

Some buyers ask me a new recording for free as a revision, even if I have everything explained at my GIG description and requirements. Most of the times they claim for an exception and talk about a bad review to make me change my mind. There is when a print screen do all the magic.

I haven’t had such a experience for some time (knocks on wood). I do have an extra for a new version of the same design, it’s slightly cheaper than the Basic package. So I just go: “Sure, here’s an extra for that.” And surprisingly, people don’t mind buying it that much.

If you have a clear definition - and a time limit! - of revisions, particularly if it’s there in the buyer requirements with a mandatory tick box, you can remind them they agreed to it with a screen shot.

wow , nice innput. thanks :star_struck:

Archived