Fiverr Forum

What is the best effective way to gig marketing?

Please, anybody can help me to gig marketing.
Check it out my gig,
https://www.fiverr.com/share/roeaD

Thanks in advance dear :heart_eyes:

Just a little tip. Suggest you do not address others as dear, brother, mate, buddy, etc. as lots of people don’t like it and it will put many buyers off.

This may be helpful to you: Marketing Yourself - Just Do It - Here's How - UPYOUR

3 Likes

But isn’t that a cheating or to be considered as a fake orders?

Thank you for your advice

1 Like

This is cheating…

2 Likes

Already i have offer them to buy my services. I think, they will buy later. Anyway help me for gig marketing on social media. Thanks

1 Like

No, it’s not cheating or a fake order. Business is business on Fiverr. If someone hires you and you do the work, it’s the same as any other order. If you don’t do the work or provide an incentive for someone to give you a good review, that’s a different story.

However, as your friends are biased, you should never ask them (or anyone) for a review.

2 Likes

That’s why his post is flagged. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: You cannot ask your friends to purchase stuff from you.

You can bring in outside buyers that you know locally if they are real buyers who need your services. Fiverr used to recommend it directly many years ago, but they’ve changed a lot about what they recommend now. Technically there might not be an issue with having someone you know buy your service but they cannot be asked to leave a review. If Fiverr thought it was suspicious you could get a warning over it. So, the flagged forum comment wasn’t technically entirely wrong but the actual practice could cause someone trouble so it isn’t ideal in the current climate.

4 Likes

You are right. I always challenge people to market their services to real people that they know. It is a proof of concept. If you can’t get real customers that you know to need and buy your service, you will have a hard time selling it on a online platform.

It’s unfortunate that the message was misunderstood. It is valuable advice.

5 Likes

That’s why. First thing Fiverr thinks that they create this suspicion. Even if they are real, still from Fiverr point of view, they are right.

So it is better to don’t take risk.
Fiverr can manually check if they want… and they can reverse the warning if someone received it but it doesn’t happen very often.

1 Like

Thank you :heart_eyes:

That’s why someone said… Real people’s are the marketing army for a business. :v:t5:

1 Like

It can be, but unfortunately, not everyone would/could utilize it in a way that wouldn’t be potentially harmful. Hopefully the conversation about it is still beneficial.

Stop saying this is “cheating”. If you find real people that really want your services (and they may very well be friends or family) and you sell them through here instead of in person/by some other method, this is 100% fine and according to rules. You found a client, and sold a product that he wanted.

This would only be cheating if you created “fake buyers” for “fake orders”, which is not what the op is suggesting.

You are responding to the person who made a suggestion, so I think you are confused. Please don’t be harsh to others on the forum.

This has already been said and most of it was in response to the OP. Please be polite if you wish to continue to discuss the original topic. The original post was simply a request for help with marketing. The part about getting your own buyers has now been covered by several people.

Oh, I’m sorry, I must have responded to the wrong person mistakenly. I just saw a bunch of replies accusing him of “cheating”, and didn’t see any answers to that. This forum system is a bit confusing for me :slight_smile:

No problem, it was a discussion. There is a form of it which is cheating, as you said, and that’s why there were responses saying not to do it. Many newcomers would not understand the difference between paying a friend to leave you a good review and having a real local person buy your service. Since Fiverr has become much bigger than it used to be, there were recommendations to be very cautious about having locals help you if you do it at all. Thanks for your input.

closed #20

This topic was automatically closed after 49 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.