What is the best format to send a customer a video

Guest skyetaylor

Guest skyetaylor

What is the best format to send when sending a customer a video. MWV or MP4 - I want something that can be watched on all computers from HP to MAC. Which would work best.

MP4 seems to be the preferred format of a lot of video sellers. It allows a high quality with a relatively small file size and works across numerous devices.

Not to get to technical, but even as a universal video type (such as MP4), you will need to make sure it is encoded correctly.

Reply to @voiceoverwork: Personally, I’d deliver a default format and then charge that as an extra.

Although they are an unlevelled seller, they can still sell extras - it just needs to be controlled manually.

If you upsell from the off, you will level up much faster. Imagine having to attract 10 different clients to get level 1, or having to attract just 5 if you can sell 2 gigs to each.

I’d charge $5 for the gig delivered in something like mp4 format) and charge an additional $5 to provide it in their desired format.

You can use zamzar.com to convert the video for free.

Guest skyetaylor

Reply to @twistedweb123: Thanks so much…I’m a newbie…I can offer upsells? I thought it was a privilege . If I list up sells in the info would they have to buy multiple gigs as I don’t think Fiverr would alow me the upsells with buy it boxes for the customer.

Reply to @skyetaylor: You would need to control it manually. For example, you could create 3 images for your gig

Image 1 -> Your main gig graphic

Image 2 -> Clearly defining the base $5 service via text/images

Image 3 -> A list of upsells/extras available and their price.

Whilst a buyer cannot order extras like on levelled profiles, they can still purchase your gig numerous times.

Before Fiverr had extras, thats how old sellers (like me), used to process upsells and extras.

Alternatively, you could also mention these upsells in your video or description.

twistedweb123 said: Reply to @voiceoverwork: Personally, I'd deliver a default format and then charge that as an extra

Agreed. Although it looks like @skyetaylor doesn't even have an active gig.

Since WMA and MP4 are both pretty common, I was wondering why it even had to be a choice. I didn't want to make it complicated. Simple to just let the buyer decide and not even worry about it for the short term.

:)

Reply to @voiceoverwork: They are probably planning their gig before they post it. Waiting until you are levelled to sell extras can mean waiting for 2+ months before earning more than $5.

I think long term strategies are important on Fiverr and building a gig which can function at a level over $5 is the base of any successful service. If you can’t or don’t know how to upsell your service, you’re really limiting your earning potential.

Just my 2 cents but I think it’s important to get started on the right foot, no shortcuts 🙂

Archived