Fiverr Forum

What is the happening in fiverr?

I second this. I understand why they’re doing what they’re doing, but as a student with very few resources on hand, a weak social media presence, and not a lot of time to do external research about marketing, BR was really crucial for me in getting my first few orders.

If I had come in after the new system, I wouldn’t be a level 2 seller because I haven’t made the required amount. Although raising prices does help, there’s only so much you can raise your prices if you’re also going to be forthright about being a student. That and the fact that students are only working Fiverr part-time means that it’s very difficult to level up. While levels don’t seem to matter most of the time, some buyers specifically go for certain levels, so having a lower level might very well result in fewer orders from the people who trust the levels (which is its own rant).

This is closer to the point I was trying to get across. For a majority of sellers, yes, marketing outside of Fiverr is exactly what they should be focusing on, but for a student without a reputable online presence or without the time to set aside to find out the perfect way to market their gigs, it can be really challenging to make your way up the ladder of selling on Fiverr. Not to mention, having to try to plan out when you can work and guess when you will have time to complete orders in between homework, school, and other extracurricular activities, finding a healthy balance and the time to properly market your services becomes quite the challenge. I wasn’t trying to defend all sellers who inexplicably leech off of Buyer Requests, but for the few sellers like myself and @somaginer1996, taking away most of our access to the Buyer Requests section just doesn’t seem right.

Business is business, whether that business is run by a lifelong businessman (like pre-President Donald Trump), or a student balancing school and their business venture (such as yourself). Students are not entitled to anything that more advanced sellers have already earned.

I admire youth, such as yourself, who wish to start a business at an early age. But you still have to run your business like everyone else runs theirs, and marketing and promotion is a core element of any business – no matter who runs that business.

Fiverr makes no distinction based on the age of their freelancers. We are all equal as sellers, and we all must make use of the same tactics that define what a business is, how a business works, and how our chosen strategies build or ruin that business.

You are going to have to market and promote your business – that’s an undeniable fact of being IN business. That’s an integral part of the business world. If it requires that you adjust your businessman thinking a bit, then perhaps that is what you will have to do. If you want to be in business – even here on Fiverr, you’re going to have to maintain your gigs as the business that they are.

That’s how this thing called “freelancing” works.

I should also note, Fiverr is not an application-based freelance site. It is a retail services freelance site. This makes it relatively unique in the online freelance world, and serves as the bread and butter for what makes Fiverr so appealing.

The Buyer Request section is a secondary feature, and should not, by any means, be the core upon which a Fiverr freelancer pins their success. You’re not going to become successful by using the BR section. You might earn a sale here and there, but it’s pretty clear that Fiverr intends for the majority of orders to be sourced from their search engine, category listings, and any traffic determined sellers bring in to their gigs.

Fiverr just isn’t an “apply for jobs” kind of site. That’s just not how Fiverr has chosen to structure their platform.

You should start to change your gig images and use 3 packages option. Your gig descriptions are also boring. Even though I’m not an expert at this, I can tell you that If I needed a service like yours, I wouldn’t hire you and not because you’re having 5 reviews with 4,9 rating.

I can understand your point here very well, but I think that this might have been a necessary step at least for now. It still doesn’t entirely block level 0 sellers, so they do have an opportunity to bid. I realize that is kind of slight comfort, but since Fiverr was never intended as a primary bidding site (like some others) I can understand it.

If so many new sellers hadn’t abused the feature for years, it probably wouldn’t have happened. For the new sellers who can write a quality offer, I actually think this may be an enhancement in the long run, but I’m not sure about that. When a buyer’s first 10 offers are mostly copy/paste or unreadable, the unleveled sellers with a good offer will stand out. If that proves to be true, it might not take too long to get enough orders to gain level 1 and then I think sellers have unrestricted access, or at least mostly unrestricted. Just some thoughts!

On this part I agree entirely. I would really love to see more announcements, preferably before changes happen. In the meantime, I can vouch for the moderation team that we do the best we can. If we see a quote from staff that seems valid, we try to re-post it and get the word out. Honestly, that isn’t as good as a real and clear announcement from Fiverr staff, though.

Marketing doesn’t necessarily mean social media. I don’t have a single social media account for my business yet I don’t have much trouble finding clients. Sure, I’m offering a different type of service, but the point is that you need to figure out where your target audience is and tap into that. In your case, starting a blog might be more beneficial than vomiting random thoughts on Twitter :stuck_out_tongue:
Yes, it takes time to write for a blog and finding your readers won’t be easy, but if writing is something you enjoy then it shouldn’t be an impossible challenge.

If you don’t find time to work on Fiverr then maybe you’re not ready for freelancing just yet. Maybe you should focus on school or find a different part-time job where you just put in the hours you actually get paid for.
The reality is that Fiverr won’t bend the rules to give better odds for students. I know you might think this is not fair but a lot of us have been there. I still remember my college days when I slept 3-4 hours a day because I had a part-time job.

When it comes to buyer requests limitation, have you ever made a request yourself there?
It’s a complete nightmare for buyers. I wish there were more sellers like you bidding there, but 95% of sellers there send out stupid templates. It’s not your fault, but that’s the way it is and there’s no easy way to filter out you from the rest. I’m sure Fiverr is looking into this, but it will take time.

As a buyer, I’m actually glad that Fiverr is limiting the number of offers from newbies. I don’t wish to go through 30 template offers. I want offers from experienced sellers who actually take the time to read my request. Again, not saying it’s your fault, but this limitation will help buyers to filter through the crap they receive.

PS. I can see quite a few regulars from this forum have hired you. I bet some of them hired you because of your posts here. I even bookmarked your gig myself.
Imagine if you had an engaging blog that is attracting readers. Something that would showcase your writing style, topics you’re qualified to write about and of course quality (grammar).
I’m not saying it will be easy and that it will definitely work, but it is a possible solution that might work.

If it was said in this way, the rule has surely collateral effects.

It doesn’t mean that a new seller will receive up to 10 requests in a day.
It doesn’t mean either that the new seller can send up to 10 offers in a day.

It means that a request disappears to the sight of the new sellers after it has received ten offers from new sellers.

It’s a “first-lucky” or “first-served-wins” criteria that worsen even more the problem of the “canned” or rushed offers.

Currently, I see incoming requests that jump from zero to ten offers in a couple of minutes or so.
In some cases, the request pops up when it has already collected some offers, say 5 to 10.

Usually, a request collects 31 or 32 offers.

On average: a couple of minutes to read and understand the request, read and evaluate the eventual attachment, write the offer itself and check it before sending it.

Basically, the BR section is a miniaturized copy of Games Without Frontiers.

My own experience with BR has actually been pretty good recently which is something I’ve rarely said. I do see 5-10 offers crop up quickly, but after that it slows way down. My assumption is that the buyers probably get 8-10 offers of low quality during that time and are lucky if they get 1 or 2 good ones. I usually have time to write out a thoughtful offer now and get it in as number 11-15. I’ve had a high rate of response based on those offers which is way out of the ordinary. I guess they scroll through the poor offers and then send messages to the few good ones. I don’t get hired everyone time, but my success rate very recently has been 1 out of 2 offers.

I think that @uxreview has a really good point. The key for new sellers is more and better ways of marketing themselves.

I had a slowdown sometime back and I used tips from Eoin’s UPYOUR series. I did little social media ads. I took out cheap paid ads on product sites and blogs that were related to my niches. I spent around $50 on ads. I didn’t see huge returns at first, I got about $75 worth of orders, but a few of those were repeat buyers. It was enough to push my rank up and help me rebuild my on time delivery state after a family emergency caused me to delivery one order a few minutes late. There are options if you think outside the box.

thank you for sharing your words, I really appreciate it, can you tell me please where I can find the interested client who work on fiverr.

Please don’t expect @jonbaas to do your research for you.

You list one of your skills as ‘Lead Generation’ so you should be able to generate your own leads?

thank you for your suggestion, you mean order depends on reviews now. but i have see top rated seller they have 4.9 or 4.8. but they are getting orders. because they are top rated and leveled sellers.

yeah everything is own my hand, :grinning::grinning::grinning:

I am a new seller trying to get my first gig sold. Used to bid frequently on Buyer Requests about jobs that I could do, but I never got to do my first gig. Now, everytime I check, I see no BR. It’s always 0.
I just don’t know what to do now.

you need to do hard work to get your gig sold. promote your gigs. and good luck

No, I cannot. You will have to figure this out on your own. Your business… your research.

@bradencollins10 building on what @uxreview said above, I think sites like Quora and especially Medium would be ideal for you to make a point of posting on regularly. Whether talking about being a teen freelancer, teen in general or any other subject, they could be worthwhile places to engage that already have established audiences that you could plug into. I know you don’t market yourself on Fiverr as a “teen writer” but it could be an avenue for you to gain a certain amount of attention there.

In addition, regarding your art ideas and plans, try tumblr out and look at ways to combine/cross post between the platforms to gain more attention.

thank you, yes,right I will have do this myself.

thank you I really appreciate this you said. I will do it.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.