What is this happening?

anjylina

Hi there,
When I started working today I noticed my laptop screen was getting dark.
What is this happening with it? Any idea? :thinking:
Should I be worry about damage :head_bandage:of whole screen? Can it be repaired?
I’m kinda worry as buying new laptop isn’t in my budget,may be in next month (Anjy told me she was purchasing a wonderful gift for me so I guess it would be a laptop,I guess 🙏) but till then will my laptop be working properly?
After uploading screenshot I observed that dark skin was not captured so I’m uploading camera picture.

Laptop.PNG.6ec85bdbdb10bf90a1056836bd972b81.PNG
-
20170622_215337.thumb.jpg.a196b7c24b198c117e51b39b16eaf609.jpg

Any help/suggestion would greatly be appreciated!
Thanks!

Worried Aman

I am afraid there are no laptop repairing sellers on Fiverr. You better post the topic on a forum which is related to computer and laptop repair. O you need to take your laptop to a local repair center. Hope this help.

Thanks,

Christina

I am afraid there are no laptop repairing sellers on Fiverr

Actually I know there aren’t repairing services available here but there must be some who know why does it happen and for how long my laptop can work.My friend told me it can’t be repaired so I’m a bit afraid.

Thanks for your reply!

I am afraid there are no laptop repairing sellers on Fiverr

Actually I know there aren’t repairing services available here but there must be some who know why does it happen and for how long my laptop can work.My friend told me it can’t be repaired so I’m a bit afraid.

Thanks for your reply!

If the black tint is only on one side of the laptop then it’s not a software problem which you can fix by following some procedure. I had blue/purple horizontal lines once on my old laptop which I fixed by disassembling the laptop and flexing the screen carefully. Ater trying 2-3 times it was fixed. I would not suggest you to do that with your laptop if you don’t have the knowledge about assembling one.

Take it to a service center, he will probably do the same with the screen or offer you to buy a new display.

P.S - I like lloydsolutions idea, try that.

Why not just google it!

You were right, didn’t even took 10 seconds

here it is -

Henry Poon's Blog – 28 Dec 11

IMG_5651.JPG

Repairing a laptop display that is dim or has a black corner

Background After about three years or more of laptop use, one of the components that is likely to break is something in the LCD assembly.  The LCD assembly is a collection of components that a…

Something similar has happened to me before. If your screen is getting darker and it’s a relatively old laptop, the kind with a liquid crystal display, chances are the long light bulb that lights the screen up is dying. A good fix would be to just find a new one, maybe salvaged from another laptop or screen with different issues. Otherwise you may have to either replace the whole screen or get a new laptop entirely.

I hope this is helpful.

Something similar has happened to me before. If your screen is getting darker and it’s a relatively old laptop, the kind with a liquid crystal display, chances are the long light bulb that lights the screen up is dying. A good fix would be to just find a new one, maybe salvaged from another laptop or screen with different issues. Otherwise you may have to either replace the whole screen or get a new laptop entirely.

I hope this is helpful.

it’s a relatively old laptop,

Yes it was granted by PM of Pakistan in 2011 when I got position in my high class.

Archived