Fiverr Forum

What is this reminder thing?

Recently, I got a query from a buyer about my charging price of 1-2 articles per week. To reply to his message, being modest, I wanted to write that money is not the concern for me, I will work under your budget. But the moment I typed money, I got the reminder, which is, “Reminder: Never accept or ask for direct payments. Doing so may get your account restricted”. What does it mean? I was not about to violate any policy. Why I got this reminder

Yes that reminder will come up with trigger words as kjblnx stated… words like "paypal, pay, money, even an email address example@example.com."

If that reminder is there you will not be able to send the message to the other person.

Reply to @ardicus: I think you’ll still be able to send the message, it’s just a warning? I could be wrong. I get a warning when I type “email” but I’m still able to send the message. I thought this worked the same way.

Reply to @vainpaper: I think it does send, yes, but I have seen people on here say that sometimes it puts the message on hold until a staff member checks it. They’ll check it and release it if it’s not a problem, but theoretically that delay could cost too much time. Just to be safe, when I see the red text “light up” I try to back up and re-word. I’m not positive what I heard was true but if you don’t have much time on a gig I’d hate to go late just because of a filter.