What is your Cancellation percentage?

danieljeewan

2.8%

A super clear gig video showing your order process and what the customer will be getting helps. Also make sure you outline these steps in your description. Even if the order is totally wrong, it’s likely you can provide the buyer with something they can use. If you’re not sure, even deliver the work in a message (without marking the work as delivered) so they have the chance to see that you provide quality work and will want to keep it.

Guest tn5rr2012

Usually I have had to request a cancellation from Customer Support because the buyer never responded. Most of my cancellations were at the begiinning of my gig life now I may get one or two a month for the reason I just stated.

Reply to @tn5rr2012: Do you need to cancel when someone doesn’t respond? Every month I try to send a message to the people who have not yet responded to the gig requirements. Some people have responded and ended up going through with it MONTHS later. I’m not talking about the order going late–that’s always a bad idea. I mean when the buyer has not yet responded to the instructions.

• 1 year later...

I am at a 8% cancellation ratio due to impulsive buyers who just cannot seem to read the specifics and directions in my gigs before ordering.

From now on, now that I know about this option, I WILL be preemptively initiating “mutual cancellations” for these attention span challenged buyers. I do realize eventually this will ding my ratios and I may just end up leaving Fiverr because of it. I have added the following statement to the very top part of the description of my gig:

“IMPORTANT: TO AVOID CANCELLATION OF YOUR ORDER, PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW CAREFULLY BEFORE ORDERING!”

Archived