What is your favourite web browser?

omanbux

poll  

300 members have voted

1. 1. poll

I used to be a Firefox worshiper, until I noticed how slow/sluggish it had become when opening multiple tabs and having several addons, and when I switched to Chrome I was like “oh gosh this is so fast!” - with multiple open tabs and multiple addons, Chrome is still blazing fast!

Next, I experienced the bad support in Firefox regarding the latest HTML/CSS/JS developments, and Chrome was the solution I hoped for, always having the latest technologies (especially with the Canary release).

Third, Chrome is made by Google, and me being deeply connected in Google’s net (apps, email, etc.) obviously it gave me a smooth workflow (I always had issues syncing my Firefox settings/bookmarks/addons, but Chrome makes this an unbelievably easy task!)

Finally, Chrome is built on the V8 JavaScript engine, an amazing piece of engineering and research, which is what makes it super fast in contrast to Firefox and other browsers. And it’s what powers NodeJS, which again is part of my workflow, thus making everything smooth like fitting a puzzle!

Now, the only thing I don’t like about Chrome is that each tab consumes a lot of RAM, and I have to use an addon that “pauses” some tabs I don’t have time for but wouldn’t want to close either - but even with this high memory consumption, it’s one of the fastest browsers I’ve got my hands on.

P.S. to keep this Fiverr-related, in the past when I used Firefox and experienced Fiverr-weirdness, Customer Support would always advise me to switch to Chrome since that’s what Fiverr is using themselves and therefore Fiverr is design to work smoothly in Chrome 😉

Firefox, as it offers best extensions and I like the UI. But it has it’s cons, as Chrome is 2-3 times faster and Fiverr was designed for Chrome, so I’m getting lots of bugs and errors with Firefox.

hi, yes “Fiverr was designed for Chrome”. 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

I used to be a Firefox worshiper, until I noticed how slow/sluggish it had become when opening multiple tabs and having several addons, and when I switched to Chrome I was like “oh gosh this is so fast!” - with multiple open tabs and multiple addons, Chrome is still blazing fast!

Next, I experienced the bad support in Firefox regarding the latest HTML/CSS/JS developments, and Chrome was the solution I hoped for, always having the latest technologies (especially with the Canary release).

Third, Chrome is made by Google, and me being deeply connected in Google’s net (apps, email, etc.) obviously it gave me a smooth workflow (I always had issues syncing my Firefox settings/bookmarks/addons, but Chrome makes this an unbelievably easy task!)

Finally, Chrome is built on the V8 JavaScript engine, an amazing piece of engineering and research, which is what makes it super fast in contrast to Firefox and other browsers. And it’s what powers NodeJS, which again is part of my workflow, thus making everything smooth like fitting a puzzle!

Now, the only thing I don’t like about Chrome is that each tab consumes a lot of RAM, and I have to use an addon that “pauses” some tabs I don’t have time for but wouldn’t want to close either - but even with this high memory consumption, it’s one of the fastest browsers I’ve got my hands on.

P.S. to keep this Fiverr-related, in the past when I used Firefox and experienced Fiverr-weirdness, Customer Support would always advise me to switch to Chrome since that’s what Fiverr is using themselves and therefore Fiverr is design to work smoothly in Chrome 😉

I had the same experience with firefox until I magically saw chrome on my desktop (I can’t remember installing the browser) and decided to try it, ever since then its been smooth and easy. 😍

One more thing, firefox eats up all my PC RAM

OPERA!!

Almost same performance as Chrome and no privacy issues. People using chrome are literally feeding their digital life into Google.

OPERA!!

Almost same performance as Chrome and no privacy issues. People using chrome are literally feeding their digital life into Google.

Well, I have no problem feeding my life to Google, on the contrary - it makes me feel safe against hackers and such digital threats. And I have nothing to hide, I like open books 😃

And CS telling us that Fiverr was optimized for Chrome is enough to make one switch 😛

Archived