What is your suggestion about this?

n4y33m

Phew! For twenty minuets I was in Hell…
HOW?
One of my buyer marked an order as complete and gave me really shocking review which I never expected.
Then I send a message and our conversation was like this:

Me: Hi, I can’t understand about the review you put in the order, I Delivered as promised and there was no miscommunication between us. You could ask for refund if you are not satisfied or modifications before completing the order 😞
He:Was it bad? Yes you delivered and I didn’t say it was bad. I’m not sure how fiverr works.fiverr should change its review system. This is not good.
_Me:_Yes… For a new seller like me it’s really frustrating, because many buyer can’t understand how it works. But we have a chance to modify the review.
If you are happy with your order, then I will send a modification request.
HE: My topic is technical and not easy for everyone to write about. Your work was excellent and I have no complains since it’s not easy for someone outside this industry to write a great piece. Send me a modification request and I’ll change it.

I’m not sure, I broke the TOS or not, but I have nothing to do without asking for a modification there.
There are a lot of new buyers out there don’t know how fiverr review works, If you already faced this issue, what you did back then? Give some suggestions to the new user who read this topic and maybe someday they will encounter a buyer like mine.

Thanks 🙂

This is what the Seller Policy says:

Request feedback revision. We don’t recommend this option as we take the buyer’s opinion seriously. However, we do allow you to contact the buyer through the Resolution Center and request feedback revision.
Note: Requesting feedback revisions are limited. Repeatedly using this option may cause your account to be blocked.
Do not ask buyers to contact Customer Support to remove their rating.
Customer Support only removes feedback, which violates our Terms of Service (TOS), or when the buyer requests us to do so without solicitation or manipulation from the seller.

Feedback that violates our TOS would contain false statements or abuse towards the seller.

It is against Fiverr’s policies for sellers to solicit feedback changes from Buyers in exchange for refunds, discounts, upgrades or any other type of additional benefit.

If a seller would like to formally request that the buyer modify their feedback on an order, they may use the Resolution Center to request feedback modification request from the buyer.

What I get from this is, since you only asked once, and didn´t offer anything to the buyer in exchange for the feedback change, you should be okay so far.

It says ‘through the Resolution Center’ though, so no idea if that means you shouldn´t ask per inbox at all, or if that´s just not mentioned, and of course it says they don´t recommend doing it but are allowing it, so anyone´s guess if it counts for whatever rating or ranking, if you ask. Or if the reason it says to do it through the resolution center is that then they can count it better…no idea.

Request feedback revision. We don’t recommend this option as we take the buyer’s opinion seriously. However, we do allow you to contact the buyer through the Resolution Center and request feedback revision.

Note: Requesting feedback revisions are limited. Repeatedly using this option may cause your account to be blocked.

Customer Support only removes feedback, which violates our Terms of Service (TOS), or when the buyer requests us to do so without solicitation or manipulation from the seller.

Feedback that violates our TOS would contain false statements or abuse towards the seller.

It is against Fiverr’s policies for sellers to solicit feedback changes from Buyers in exchange for refunds, discounts, upgrades or any other type of additional benefit.

If a seller would like to formally request that the buyer modify their feedback on an order, they may use the Resolution Center to request feedback modification request from the buyer.

What I get from this is, since you only asked once, and didn´t offer anything to the buyer in exchange for the feedback change, you should be okay so far.

It says ‘through the Resolution Center’ though, so no idea if that means you shouldn´t ask per inbox at all, or if that´s just not mentioned, and of course it says they don´t recommend doing it but are allowing it, so anyone´s guess if it counts for whatever rating or ranking, if you ask. Or if the reason it says to do it through the resolution center is that then they can count it better…no idea.

Repeatedly using this option may cause your account to be blocked.

Thanks for sharing useful but scary information. 😉

Buyer was totally unaware about how review system works. And when the order marked as complete by a buyer, the order-box close immediately. So, inbox is the only way to communicate I think…

Repeatedly using this option may cause your account to be blocked.

Buyer was totally unaware about how review system works. And when the order marked as complete by a buyer, the order-box close immediately. So, inbox is the only way to communicate I think…

Yeah, sorry, but it´s always better to ‘know thy enemy’. 😉

Many buyers, of course, aren´t aware of just how important reviews are for a seller here, that´s true.

Yeah, sorry, but it´s always better to ‘know thy enemy’. 😉

Many buyers, of course, aren´t aware of just how important reviews are for a seller here, that´s true.

aren´t aware of just how important reviews are for a seller here, that´s true

I just discover a new gig idea 😃

"I will guide you to be the best buyer here on Fiverr" 😝

aren´t aware of just how important reviews are for a seller here, that´s true

I just discover a new gig idea 😃

"I will guide you to be the best buyer here on Fiverr" 😝

Hm, you´d need to team up with someone like Gina though, for the buyer POV.

Yea. Thats quit obvious that new buyers aware of fiverr review service.

Let me tell you mine. There came a buyer to me with an order of scripting. I accepted it and delivered his order within 24 hours. He actually received the delivery, liked my work but he didn’t mark the order as complete. So i hadn’t received my amount. That was actually most confusing thing for me. I left a message in his inbox regarding that. Since i was unable to receive my payment unless he marks the order complete. He just didn’t join fiverr for two days or more. So i thought CS is the good option to reslove this issue. I made a ticket regarding it and right after some time, the buyer appeard and told me that he has received his delivery and don’t know anything about marking order as complete or review system. I guided him through each step. Atlast, My order was marked as complete with 5 star review. After that, I felt relax. 😃

And yes the CS also answered in 24 hours. Marked that ticket as solved by explaining the whole scenario.

I think the key in there is the word “formally.”

Yea. Thats quit obvious that new buyers aware of fiverr review service.

Let me tell you mine. There came a buyer to me with an order of scripting. I accepted it and delivered his order within 24 hours. He actually received the delivery, liked my work but he didn’t mark the order as complete. So i hadn’t received my amount. That was actually most confusing thing for me. I left a message in his inbox regarding that. Since i was unable to receive my payment unless he marks the order complete. He just didn’t join fiverr for two days or more. So i thought CS is the good option to reslove this issue. I made a ticket regarding it and right after some time, the buyer appeard and told me that he has received his delivery and don’t know anything about marking order as complete or review system. I guided him through each step. Atlast, My order was marked as complete with 5 star review. After that, I felt relax. 😃

And yes the CS also answered in 24 hours. Marked that ticket as solved by explaining the whole scenario.

You don’t need to contact CS.

Order will automatically mark as completed after 3 days when you deliver.

Many old buyers available out there, don’t mark and review…

When I didn’t get a review for the first time, I was worried too, but this situation is different 😛

Interesting and good to know what the reviewing system can be like. I’m not sure I understand how the buyer accidentally gave a bad review, though. I’m wondering what exactly the usability issue is here and what Fiverr could do to prevent it.
(Please correct me if I misunderstood.)

You don’t need to contact CS.

Order will automatically mark as completed after 3 days when you deliver.

Many old buyers available out there, don’t mark and review…

When I didn’t get a review for the first time, I was worried too, but this situation is different 😛

Unfortunately, I’ve read on the forum, in the past, about new buyers who really have no idea about the 5r platform. They leave a 4 star review with a 5 star write up and a gratuity.

Humm, :thinking:!

In other platforms, many know that 4 is great or some don’t believe in 5. Little do they know, if they’re the 1st customer, that leaving a 4 would prevent seller from doing BR - which is so critical for new sellers to get their 1st few jobs.

5r has got to change the 90% rule! 😞

Unfortunately, I’ve read on the forum, in the past, about new buyers who really have no idea about the 5r platform. They leave a 4 star review with a 5 star write up and a gratuity.

In other platforms, many know that 4 is great or some don’t believe in 5. Little do they know, if they’re the 1st customer, that leaving a 4 would prevent seller from doing BR - which is so critical for new sellers to get their 1st few jobs.

Little do they know, if they’re the 1st customer, that leaving a 4 would prevent seller from doing BR -

That´s a real problem, I always feel for sellers that happens to, if you start out and can´t reply to Buyer Requests anymore right after your first or first few reviews, that´s such a disadvantage that it might well be better to cancel the account and make a new one, which can´t be the right solution there. And imagine you´re just out of luck and it happens again…

Little do they know, if they’re the 1st customer, that leaving a 4 would prevent seller from doing BR -

That´s a real problem, I always feel for sellers that happens to, if you start out and can´t reply to Buyer Requests anymore right after your first or first few reviews, that´s such a disadvantage that it might well be better to cancel the account and make a new one, which can´t be the right solution there. And imagine you´re just out of luck and it happens again…

I need some education. How does it calculate?

As an example, if the sellers gets from

Buyer 1: 5, 5, 5 = 100%

Buyer 2: 4, 4, 4 = 80%

Does it mean:

15 + 12 = 27/6 = 4.5 or 90%?

(100% + 80%)/2 = 90%

OR is it done some other goofy way?

Blaise, I think it was, made a sample calculation for someone, but I couldn´t find the post, search is only so useful.
It´s pretty mysterious anyway, since according to Maddies post here, it´s 90%, but I know I read a post of a seller who said ‘they’ said (I suppose that means CS’, they need 95% rating but have only 92%, so… ¯_(ツ)_/

Blaise, I think it was, made a sample calculation for someone, but I couldn´t find the post, search is only so useful.

It´s pretty mysterious anyway, since according to Maddies post here, it´s 90%, but I know I read a post of a seller who said ‘they’ said (I suppose that means CS’, they need 95% rating but have only 92%, so… ¯_(ツ)_/

I am the first to say, I don’t understand the math. My post was intended to be general to help encourage those who end up in that situation. From what I understand, the reason that math is more difficult is the 5 star system WITH a 3 option choice on 3 different sections. Ratings are not simple 100/90/80/80/60. I think this just makes the problem even worse. I agree with @gina_riley2 that the 90% or 4 star rule is part of the problem.

Fiverr used to push sellers very hard to get no ratings less than 5 stars which was also a problem. Now it’s shifted and Fiverr is pushing for honest reviews and I like that. However, IMO 4 stars should still be considered an excellent rating according to how 5 star review systems normally work. 89% is perhaps a slight “needs improvement” or perhaps it’s still decent but should a seller instantly be cut off from BR because of that tiny shift? I don’t think so. Even a 3 star rating is still consider on the positive spectrum according to Fiverr. 2.9 is negative. Personally, I think BR should be available to anyone at 80% or above, at least. Even if 80% isn’t highly desirable, it shouldn’t be the end of a newbie account.

I am the first to say, I don’t understand the math. My post was intended to be general to help encourage those who end up in that situation. From what I understand, the reason that math is more difficult is the 5 star system WITH a 3 option choice on 3 different sections. Ratings are not simple 100/90/80/80/60. I think this just makes the problem even worse. I agree with @gina_riley2 that the 90% or 4 star rule is part of the problem.

Fiverr used to push sellers very hard to get no ratings less than 5 stars which was also a problem. Now it’s shifted and Fiverr is pushing for honest reviews and I like that. However, IMO 4 stars should still be considered an excellent rating according to how 5 star review systems normally work. 89% is perhaps a slight “needs improvement” or perhaps it’s still decent but should a seller instantly be cut off from BR because of that tiny shift? I don’t think so. Even a 3 star rating is still consider on the positive spectrum according to Fiverr. 2.9 is negative. Personally, I think BR should be available to anyone at 80% or above, at least. Even if 80% isn’t highly desirable, it shouldn’t be the end of a newbie account.

Fiverr used to push sellers very hard to get no ratings less than 5 stars

that’s why new seller sometime start begging for review if buyer is new and consider a 4 star as excellent. btw, begging for review is against ToS.

It is like do or die. 😦

at 80% or above, at least. Even if 80% isn’t highly desirable, it shouldn’t be the end of a newbie account.

I’m wondering how Fiverr stuff can’t understand this simple fact. They named something as “positive” and then they throw the it away. For a new seller, this game of throwing is frustrating as hell, many of them start new account to start again or leave Fiverr for good.

I meant they are discouraging new sellers 😒

5r has got to change the 90% rule!

😷

• 1 year later...

I know this is old, but I completely agree. The 90% rule isn’t fair as it’s largely out of our control, even if we do extra work to try to avoid low reviews and encourage high ones. At the end of the day, reviews are subjective and buyers aren’t required to corroborate what they say.

Archived