What percentage of your buyers leave you reviews?

mayasayvanova

I just noticed they have that statistics in the new analytics (I know they had kind’a had it before, but it wasn’t that clear). For me, it’s 67% of my buyers left me reviews. So I was just wondering is that an average number, do you guys have more or less?

To encourage my buyers to leave me reviews, I add this sentence to the delivery message (after I’ve told them that they can contact me with any questions or concerns about the order, of course):

Alternatively, if you are happy with my work, I’d appreciate it if you mark the order as complete and leave a Fiverr review.

I never say “leave a good review”. A few times it has backfired and people have left bad reviews. Sometimes they would leave a 4 stars review. But I figure I can learn from the feedback and at least the ones who are happy do leave great reviews.

So I was just wondering if this sentence is something that’s really working or if 67% is just an average percentage for review-leaving.

Thanks for your help!
Maya

• Like 22

84%

When buyers who don’t leave a review come back for another order I tax them by not giving them some advantages I would normally grant them. It’s kind of a you-did-not-leave-a-review-tax.

Love that lol! 🙂 most of my return stop leaving reviews after the first couple of orders, I feel it’s kind of ‘I already said what I had to say’

How do you deal with that?

• Like 7
  • Up 1

Love that lol! 🙂 most of my return stop leaving reviews after the first couple of orders, I feel it’s kind of ‘I already said what I had to say’

How do you deal with that?

It really depends on the amount of orders.

I once had a bigger project where I agreed with the buyer to split it into a couple of smaller custom orders, because I don’t do big orders on Fiverr. The left a 5 five star review after each order, until they gave me a 4-point-something review on one.

This was the moment where I immediately stopped working for them. Their project was annoying anyway and there is no place in my daily life for that kind of negativity, lol.

• Like 9

66%. I found it made no different soliciting overtly, subtly or not at all, and I don’t really care. It’s nice to get a glowing review, of course–but equally, I wouldn’t want to encourage someone steaming with anger about my “housewife” style writing to scream about it in a review (Fiverr removed that one as it was a load of bullpoop from an illiterate who couldn’t even attain housewifely English).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

66%. I found it made no different soliciting overtly, subtly or not at all, and I don’t really care. It’s nice to get a glowing review, of course–but equally, I wouldn’t want to encourage someone steaming with anger about my “housewife” style writing to scream about it in a review (Fiverr removed that one as it was a load of bullpoop from an illiterate who couldn’t even attain housewifely English).

“housewife” style writing

Still makes me laugh! That was the funniest review I had ever read! 😆

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

“housewife” style writing

Still makes me laugh! That was the funniest review I had ever read! 😆

Yeah, that was all kinds of crazy. I’m pretty long overdue a new crazy to talk about touches wood furiously even my latest bad buyers have turned out to be quite professional and reasonable and we’ve eventually fixed everything (it’s always down to miscommunication, and I can deal with that–but not if the buyer turns into a banshee)

• Like 9