What should someone do if they file a loophole?

phantompower

So today I found a site which sells things… somehow like (shutterstock and its likes). As I was browsing I found their prices were somehow over the market price, although they have very attractive things for sale. Now the magic happens. I entered the url and by mistake my small brother click something on the keyboard. When I went ahead to click enter I was redirected to a page where I could download everything for free. Both commercial and free licenses. I have the urge to download everything on the site but then again I wouldn’t want someone to so that to me. Should I contact the admin and show them the loophole?

I don’t have a lot of sympathy for websites that are this stupid.
Clearly they are not a serious business. If they can’t even check their own site for this then they probably won’t pay attention to a message about this or know what to do about it.

I’ve had websites and it’s a no brainer to check them for things like this. They probably shouldn’t be in business.

I am guessing the place you were directed to was the domain page where all the files are stored. This is about the dumbest thing a webmaster can do is leave these exposed to the public. It’s up to you if you want to notify them but you would be dealing with a moron in my opinion.

So I decided to tell the site owner about the whole, only to be accused of being a hacker. The admin claims that I hacked his panel and that’s where I got the link. So instead of trying to argue about whether I’m a hacker or not, I simply searched for everything I wanted in the site then I shrivak krukshak fre coco mpankutente ftwat kriragu nte nkunku sju… and left him or her to patch the hole if they wish to.

So I decided to tell the site owner about the whole, only to be accused of being a hacker. The admin claims that I hacked his panel and that’s where I got the link. So instead of trying to argue about whether I’m a hacker or not, I simply searched for everything I wanted in the site then I shrivak krukshak fre coco mpankutente ftwat kriragu nte nkunku sju… and left him or her to patch the hole if they wish to.

hrivak krukshak fre coco mpankutente ftwat kriragu nte nkunku sju

…What lol

So I decided to tell the site owner about the whole, only to be accused of being a hacker.

Like I said earlier, you would be dealing with a moron. I’m not surprised.

So I decided to tell the site owner about the whole, only to be accused of being a hacker.

Yes, I have noticed that myself. The world is full of trusting, well meaning, naive and innocent people. More than losing money, what they hate is being told that they are wrong and that they are being foolish. It is the reality that they cannot take. They would rather blame the government, banks, or outside forces for their problems than take responsibility.

I told them because I thought that maybe they hired someone to create the site for them, then the creator left the hole intentionally without the knowledge of the buyer site owner.

Archived