Fiverr Community Forum

What the heck is wrong with response rate?

When it clearly says that response rate tracker only tracks the first responded message then why the heck is tracker recording my on going responses with old buyer’s.

My response rate was 1 hour. My old buyer send me the message, I replied after 28 hours, my response rate geta lower to 4 hours? Why? As it wasn’t the first response.

Again another old buyer contacted me and sended me the message, it wasn’t his first message, I replied after 6 hours, and it drops from 90% to 89%.

This isn’t the way, if you updated your TOS, then you should have mentioned on your website. But in TOS it clearly says “The Response Rate Indicator tracks your first response to a new inbox message from a new Buyer. After that first reply, the rest of the conversation isn’t tracked” then why the heck it is recoding my on-going responses??? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:.

Fiverr should focus on your bugs ans erros instead of banning some innocent sellers. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:.

If they updated their system then why the heck it’s not updated on your TOS??? :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::rage::rage::angry::angry::angry:

3 Likes

If you’re sure it’s not working as it says it should you can create a ticket about it (with attachments eg. screenshots if it helps) and they’ll probably fix your response rate if it’s wrong.

1 Like

I don’t know where you get the idea that you are not rated on old customers. You are! And replying hours afterwards will affect your rating!

Reply within one hour.

Where you misunderstand is that when an old customer comes back a month later, to do business again. The start of that ‘new’ conversation is tracked. So if a customer uses you regularly you still must respond quickly.

3 Likes

LOL, mam if you don’t know how the system works then please don’t spread the wrong info. It clearly says on the TOS that only first reply to the buyer is recorded, after that the rest of responses never gets recorded. I know how fiverr works and even know their bugs and errors.

I contacted the CS and they solved the problem, now my response rate is 100%

2 Likes

I know what I am talking about.

1 Like

If you have an old customer, and he comes back to you after 10 days, that will be considered the start of a new conversation.

So if you have conversed and then you don’t hear from him for a while, then he decides to use you again. This is considered a new conversation.

Obviously, there may be other reasons, but to wait one whole day is too long, for a reply.

2 Likes

Where do you get that information. Wrong information!

2 Likes

That is not referring to 10 days later, when he strikes up conversation again.

I am going to look into it. But my rating decreased when i don’t get back to a regular customer.

Yes, its an error. Contact the customer support! “”“This is a big that most of the people are not reporting”""

This isn’t your response rate. This is your response time, which is completely different.

From the Help Center:

What’s The Difference Between Response Time And Response Rate?
Response Rate is the percentage of first responses to new messages that a seller sends within 24 hours. Response Time is the average amount of time in hours that it takes for a seller to respond to a new message in their inbox. Response Time measures all responses to messages received in the seller’s inbox.

5 Likes

Please read!

2 Likes

I didn’t think the response time took into account all messages since I didn’t think it put that time icon on the screen for all messages - though maybe that icon is just about the response rate (ie. that you need to respond within 24 hours). But that link does say the response time takes into account all messages not just the first one from a buyer.

If it takes into account all messages that’s going to be bad if the buyer just says something like “thanks” for their latest message (not the first) and doesn’t expect reply and if you did later reply to them days later to ask them something it could really lower the avg response time.

1 Like

Wrong.

No.

Not always possible. You have 24 hours to respond to a NEW message thread.

No. If you reply within 24 hours of receiving a NEW message as in a NEW thread, you are fine. While this WILL affect your response time (mine is like 6 hours), this will not harm your response rate.

No, I am sorry, but you do not know what you are talking about.

GG

4 Likes

Maybe not! Maybe I am wrong, but I do think answering over a day late in inefficient.

answering over a day late in inefficient

I think we can all agree on that. Honestly, it’s not hard to log in and check your messages - could just use the mobile app if you’re unable to get to a computer.

banning some innocent sellers

:rofl:
Their response rate is back to 1 hour now anyway.