Fiverr Forum

What time do you work?

As a freelancer working online we have to work with clients world wide. Fast communication can be a challenge because of different time zones.

I sometimes get sleep deprived and exhausted, unable to have a normal working day.

Is there any there a way you guys overcome this problem?

:slight_smile:

Um. There is no healthy way to “overcome” sleep. You need it. You can’t live without it. Obtain it when you can. You do not need to be on Fiverr 24/7.

I work all night until the sun starts to come up. I’m a night :owl:

I work
Minimum 12 hrs a day , minimum 80 hrs a week
Take max 6 Hrs of deep sleep

2-3 hours a day is enough for me. I am fast worker at high prices. :slight_smile:

Actually I don’t, but I get aweken several times during sleep just to check the phone. I don’t do it purposely, I unknowingly wake up to check the phone. It makes me sleep less.

I work from the time I get up to the time I go to sleep. I am not sure how to overcome it though

Although I spend like 3-4 hours on forum procrastinating, I work 2-3 hours a day on Fiverr.

Same.
Are there such things as Day Owls or can we just describe ourselves as “Owls”?

Anyway, I do sometimes change it up and get up early but for the most part, midnight to 4am is my most productive time. My Fiverr work hours have changed a lot in the last few months, going from 3-5 up to 8-10 daily, if I only count billable work hours.

Turn off your phone at night and leave it in another room. I used to do the same when I started here but found it doesnt make any real difference to sales when I wait til the next day to respond.
Never make the mistake of confusing being “busy” with being “productive”.
You will likely find you do more in 4 hours after good sleep than you do in 8 hours after no/bad sleep. I aim for 8-10 hours/night unless I have specific projects I need to work on that cut into that time.

I do around 3 - 4 hours of billable work a day, but I am also an inveterate insomniac. That said, I only tend to work between 8AM and 6PM as I like having clear boundaries between my work life and my personal life. As @eoinfinnegan said, leave your phone in another room. Quality of sleep makes an enormous difference to quality of work :slight_smile:

You look like someone who used to be around here a lot…

Depends on the project but usually 3 - 4 hours a day. I have another business that I need to tend to so can’t spend all the time on Fiverr.

Awww, it’s nice to be missed! My non-Fiverr workload has reduced to a sane level again, so I am spending more time on Fiverr… Who knows, I might even post on the forums again a bit… I actually got to a state close to euphoria last Friday when I realized I did not have any work due in the next week… It’s the first time that has happened for around three months. It’s great to be busy, but I had forgotten what not working felt like.

Didn’t say you were missed :stuck_out_tongue:
I am the opposite - Fiverr work has been flying and off-Fiverr work is slow.
So you are gonna be here procrastinating with us for the next week?
I nominate you to create the next fun/funny/entertaining thread.

I was working on an analytics thread on how the level evaluations have impacted no of sellers over the last three months. I’m not sure there’s a ton of humor in there…

for me, the word of work means only if I get an order. and if not, I prefer called it idle ( waiting for an order ).

So, I do idle for 16 hours and sleep for 8 hours. :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh come on… that’s not procrastinating…
What I need is to know what type of fruit you see yourself as or what freelancing would look like for Martians, you know, some of the big questions.

8AM - 5PM, I enjoy having a personal life.

12:00 gmt ~ 00:00 gmt
04:00 PST ~ 16:00 PST
6:00 PM ~ 6:00 AM (BD time)

This is my official available time. Most of the time I start 2 hour early & finish after 2/3hour extra hour.

I’m available always to get work done and fulfill client/customer requests, but I try to check Fiverr first thing in the morning when I get up to begin work. If I have gig orders I prefer to work on them in the morning and maybe across the afternoon. I do a lot of crafting, arting and writing, so my time is spent among all of that. I’m always busy and my schedule is crammed. Staying up to 2am is standard, unless I can’t keep my eyes open. :zzz: