What to charge?

jdaxland100

You can easily increase your price. I always do if it is technical text as it means I have to do more research to get the proper translation. For such a large number of words you can bump up your price as well.

Just justify it when you send your offer.

I also do not give discounts and this has been a topic of discussion with some buyers who think they should get a discount if they give me a 10,000 word document to translate.

Many translators charge your rate, $10/1000 words, I generally will charge more for longer texts. Remember that agencies charge $30-50/1000 words for this kind of work so even doubling your rate is still good value for the client. I would suggest $250 for this gig. Your client may be expecting a lower rate for a large document but explain that there is more to translating a longer text than simply more words.

Buyers would think of it as 32 by $5, just like they are buying 32 gigs, but its not. Going on a long distance, kind of translation job, needs more of your time and energy than you would with 32 separate gigs.

However, I think you are the best judge when it comes to pricing. Outside of Fiverr, such job might be be around $600 or more. There is no offense asking what you want, its left for them to negotiate.

Cheers!

Archived