What to do when a seller - FragglesRock steals your book that you wanted her to review?

rockstarproduct

Is there a better way to send over your content to be reviewed that a seller cannot steal? I have been working on a book for 2 years and contacted a seller. She said to send her my content and she would give me a price. I did so and have never heard back from her since and have sent 7-8 messages about the sharing of this content.

What action should I take?

Thanks

I just steal your written words above and pasted in my message below.

You can do nothing against me in this regard.

HOPE YOU GET THE POINT!

Is there a better way to send over your content to be reviewed that a seller cannot steal? I have been working on a book for 2 years and contacted a seller. She said to send her my content and she would give me a price. I did so and have never heard back from her since and have sent 7-8 messages about the sharing of this content.

What action should I take?

So… no one answered your question… just some silly talk!

Probably this thread will be closed because you stated seller’s name… the time will show how slow/fast fiverr is!

Right now you can’t do anything… you lost this time, but it can be a lesson for some other time…

You can put a watermark on your file… There are some watermark deleters, but I do not know much about that… If someone really wants to steal your work… he/she will find a way to do it! - that’s for sure… Where is a lock, there is a key - ALWAYS!

About your case… I don’t think that she stole that for you… to be honest, I think that most of such Fiverr sellers that are lazy to do job, are stupid… so she won’t benefit much from your eBook!

Her mission is done… she took $4 for doing nothing… Her conscious is not wider than that (:

Reply to @rockstarproduct: I don’t think she stole it, as to do that she would have to re-sell or distribute the book somehow, claiming it was hers. Right now all she’s done is ignored your message which is fine. Either she’s not that active, or committed to fiverr or she just doesn’t want to complete your order - and can’t be bothered to tell you. It looks like she just didn’t want to complete your order.

@rockstarproduct

You’ve accused someone of stealing. What you should do is…

1. Edit your post to get the Sellers name out of the headline and post body.

Also, the Seller has orders in queue and positive reviews that are only hours old.

I suspect the Seller has not disappeared or shut down. There must be a reason why Seller is not responding. Maybe the Seller read your post here, maybe not. Only you know the details as to why. So…

2. Contact the Seller again and be as humble and as cordial as possible.
  3. Or just let it go and move on.

Reply to @celinedesigns + @voiceoverwork:

Just because one doesn’t use a product, doesn’t mean it’s not stolen. If you go to a library and take the book w/o permission and not read or sell it, you’ve STILL stolen it.

If s/he took the book from the O.P. and did NOT return the book, AND has not responded to 7 or 8 of his messages, KNOWING the agreement beforehand, that OF COURSE looks quite unprofessional, and I’d assume it was stolen, too!

It’s not hard to wait a little bit of time, hope the person you stole from has ‘let it go’, and then publish it under a different name.

HOW does Fiverr let these unscrupulous people stay here and continue to be sellers?!?

I think the O.P. has every right to get his book back. Or at LEAST a response.

And this is like the fifth time I’ve seen that username F’rocks with a complaint attached - all by different users. 😦

Reply to @rockstarproduct: I agree with what Celinedesigns said earlier. You sent the document for a quote, and the seller hasn’t responded yet. How do you know something has been stolen? Do you know if the seller is now using your book as their own work for profit?

You never mentioned how long ago you sent your e-book to the seller, so I’m not sure how long you’ve been waiting. It could be that the seller just hasn’t been able to respond to your message yet. Sometimes, due to my hectic schedule or travel, I’m unable to respond to messages until the next day (or if I’ve been stuck in an airport, I’m ashamed to admit that it has sometimes even taken me a few days).

Of course, it would be nice to receive a response with a quote immediately, but the seller could be dealing with a busy schedule and cannot respond to messages immediately. My suggestion would be to give the seller adequate time to respond and have some kind of evidence in hand before jumping to the conclusion that your writing has been stolen.

@rockstarproduct, I think you are most likely overreacting so just relax and take a deep breath.

I have worked in Hollywood for 25+years. My best advice would be to register anything you write with the Writer’s Guild of America West (WGAw Registry). You can do it online for $20 and it stays in the system for 5 years and is renewable. Only AFTER you have registered should you show your work to anyone.

You might want to also check into self publishing on AMAZON. I’ve heard this may also be a work around to protect your writing but Caveat Emptor!

For screenplays you really need to let the reader see the whole script but for a book I would think if you send a only chapter or two to a Seller they should be able to give you a price based on page count.

@deafive "And this is like the fifth time I’ve seen that username F’rocks with a complaint attached - all by different users."

LOL, Stop – my ribs!!!

Cheers

Archived