What to do when orders seem to slow down

voiceofmichael

Alright so I’ve done pretty well for being on Fiver for less than month. I’ve made a little more than $200 on my voiceover gig, was a “Rising Talent” and now I’m consistently on the 2nd and 3rd pages of search results in the voice over niche I’ve chosen. However where orders seemed to come in fairly frequently now it seems to have slowed a bit. What’s the best advice for picking things back up?

I’ve got it flagged. All I’ve got are five star reviews and I feel I am priced competitively considering the quality I provide as well. I feel confident that sales will pick back up. It’s not called a competitive field for nothing! Thank you sir!

I’ve got it flagged. All I’ve got are five star reviews and I feel I am priced competitively considering the quality I provide as well. I feel confident that sales will pick back up. It’s not called a competitive field for nothing! Thank you sir!

You’re good at that you do (and I say that as a professionally trained actor/voice actor myself). Your samples are high quality and varied… have you considered raising your prices? Your current $15 pricing is EXTREMELY low for your talent level. Fiverr seems to like listing high quality gigs with higher prices near the top of search results. Perhaps you might try raising your prices up quite a bit, and seeing what happens.

You aren’t getting the sales you want right now, so what would a little price experimentation hurt? Raise your prices closer to $100 for a week, and keep track of the response you receive. You might appear closer to the top in search results (note: I said, “might”. There are no guarantees, but it is worth testing – Fiverr is trying to encourage sellers to raise their prices across the board).

If you don’t see the kind of response you want at higher prices, then slowly lower the prices each week until you find the sweet spot that buyers are willing to pay.

And, most definitely market and promote your gigs. Don’t rely upon the Fiverr search results to be your only source of customers. 😉

You’re good at that you do (and I say that as a professionally trained actor/voice actor myself). Your samples are high quality and varied… have you considered raising your prices? Your current $15 pricing is EXTREMELY low for your talent level. Fiverr seems to like listing high quality gigs with higher prices near the top of search results. Perhaps you might try raising your prices up quite a bit, and seeing what happens.

You aren’t getting the sales you want right now, so what would a little price experimentation hurt? Raise your prices closer to $100 for a week, and keep track of the response you receive. You might appear closer to the top in search results (note: I said, “might”. There are no guarantees, but it is worth testing – Fiverr is trying to encourage sellers to raise their prices across the board).

If you don’t see the kind of response you want at higher prices, then slowly lower the prices each week until you find the sweet spot that buyers are willing to pay.

And, most definitely market and promote your gigs. Don’t rely upon the Fiverr search results to be your only source of customers. 😉

Thank you for the compliments sir! Any suggestions on the marketing side? I use Twitter and Facebook to push things out. I did see in one of my reviews where a buyer said “get him quick before prices go up!” I actually already raised my price by 50% so you’re saying a higher price attracts a different set of customers?

Thank you for the compliments sir! Any suggestions on the marketing side? I use Twitter and Facebook to push things out. I did see in one of my reviews where a buyer said “get him quick before prices go up!” I actually already raised my price by 50% so you’re saying a higher price attracts a different set of customers?

I would recommend adding more gigs and targeting different audience with each. For example, one gig for commercials, one for audio books etc.

If I’m looking for a specific voice then I use keywords like “commercial male voice over” or “audio book voice over”. If you have separate gigs then you have more space for samples and you can write a description that’s unique to that specific audience.

I would also recommend adding a video background. For example check out jimkeeley or if you’re not camera shy then show yourself in a studio like articulateasian or jontcoleman

Thank you for the compliments sir!

You’re welcome!

Any suggestions on the marketing side?

Have you tried running any ads? That might be a way in which you could reach out to more people. I recommend the Facebook ad system, as you can hyper-target your ads to social users, and ads aren’t as expensive as other platforms (and have a greater reach, since the targeting is social).

I did see in one of my reviews where a buyer said “get him quick before prices go up!” I actually already raised my price by 50% so you’re saying a higher price attracts a different set of customers?

Absolutely! In my own experience I have found that the higher the prices, the more serious the buyers tend to be. You’ll also tend to have fewer buyer troubles and irrational demands at the higher price points.

You’re welcome!

Have you tried running any ads? That might be a way in which you could reach out to more people. I recommend the Facebook ad system, as you can hyper-target your ads to social users, and ads aren’t as expensive as other platforms (and have a greater reach, since the targeting is social).

I did see in one of my reviews where a buyer said “get him quick before prices go up!” I actually already raised my price by 50% so you’re saying a higher price attracts a different set of customers?

Absolutely! In my own experience I have found that the higher the prices, the more serious the buyers tend to be. You’ll also tend to have fewer buyer troubles and irrational demands at the higher price points.

My last question for you then is that by charging more, you’re overall volume will drop but you’ll make up for it in total overall profit? That sounds right. Someone else mentioned actual video of myself. I’ll have to do that too. How many Voice Over gigs are typically recommended?

My last question for you then is that by charging more, you’re overall volume will drop but you’ll make up for it in total overall profit? That sounds right. Someone else mentioned actual video of myself. I’ll have to do that too. How many Voice Over gigs are typically recommended?

My last question for you then is that by charging more, you’re overall volume will drop but you’ll make up for it in total overall profit?

Generally, yes. Although, there’s always the possibility that you would be able to maintain volume from good marketing, and then you’d be making more profit. 😉

It’s hard to say which will happen, because each gig is different, and the marketing and promo efforts of each seller are also different.

Someone else mentioned actual video of myself.

That’s not a bad idea, as it would connect your voice to a face. People like to have a connection to the person they are hiring – especially in the acting business.

How many Voice Over gigs are typically recommended?

There isn’t a set answer for this. Try different ways to presenting your services – whether that means multiple themed gigs, or one single “I do it all gig”. It really comes down to what connects best with your target audience, and results in the best, most efficient profit margin.

You’re welcome!

You’ll also tend to have fewer buyer troubles and irrational demands at the higher price points.

I can absolutely vouch for this - my average order price is around $300, and I very rarely have any issues with buyers, because those who do approach me know my prices, have the budget, and are expecting the service I provide. There’s hardly any “nickel and diming” and only about a quarter of my orders need a revision. So yes, I would definitely say try raising your prices and seeing what the response is like.

I would recommend adding more gigs and targeting different audience with each. For example, one gig for commercials, one for audio books etc.

If I’m looking for a specific voice then I use keywords like “commercial male voice over” or “audio book voice over”. If you have separate gigs then you have more space for samples and you can write a description that’s unique to that specific audience.

I would also recommend adding a video background. For example check out jimkeeley or if you’re not camera shy then show yourself in a studio like articulateasian or jontcoleman

HI,

Cut the price of your gig and share your gig add on social media for advertisement.

Thanks,

Nasir

• 4 weeks later...

SO I took your advice and raised my price to $100 today. Just have to wait and see when my gig pops back up as I had to change my video out too. I had been a Fiverr Rising Talent so I’ll see if I get that back too. I raised it initially to $15 bucks and got a few more orders but it seemed to fall pretty quick and one customer gave me grief about hiking my rates and wanted the old deal. We found a compromise as he was returning for like the 5th time. But I think a small hike scares off the small fish but isn’t enough for the big fish so I’ll try $100 and let you know how that turns out. Thanks again for your help!

SO I took your advice and raised my price to $100 today. Just have to wait and see when my gig pops back up as I had to change my video out too. I had been a Fiverr Rising Talent so I’ll see if I get that back too. I raised it initially to $15 bucks and got a few more orders but it seemed to fall pretty quick and one customer gave me grief about hiking my rates and wanted the old deal. We found a compromise as he was returning for like the 5th time. But I think a small hike scares off the small fish but isn’t enough for the big fish so I’ll try $100 and let you know how that turns out. Thanks again for your help!

Thanks again for your help!

You’re welcome! I look forward to hearing how this works out! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

So a week in and I’ve gotten one order but it was nearly $300 which amazing. Thanks again for the advice.

So a week in and I’ve gotten one order but it was nearly $300 which amazing. Thanks again for the advice.

That’s awesome! I’m glad to hear that this has worked out. A $300 order is a fantastic success (especially after raising your prices!). 😀

Archived