What To Do!

Guest veccora

Guest veccora

Hi Guys,

I was wondering on what to do if a death occurs in the family and you need to travel away for a few days to attend the service. This is exactly what happened to me yesterday evening.

I have contacted all my active buyers telling them what is going on and also set my account to “On Vacation Mode”.

Is this the correct thing to do in these kind of situations? Does anyone have/had the same issue?

I would say you are on the right path. I’ve been late on some cough of my gigs because they take a while to do. I kindly explain what’s happened and they usually are pretty nice about it. Like you I also put myself in vaca’ mode.

So you are doing the write thing. As long as the Buyer understands and accepts your situation, that’s all that matters.

Family and your personal life comes first, as always. Giving a Buyer who’s waiting on you a quick message doesn’t hurt at all. 😉

Sounds like you are doing everything right. Sorry to hear about your loss.

** small warning, make sure that your gigs show up in search results when you get back from “vacation mode”. It took me 3 weeks once before I noticed that all of my gigs had been removed from search after using the vacation mode setting and they never came back until I noticed a big drop in sales and contacted support.

Guest veccora

Reply to @rhinestone66: Countdown still counts down during vacation mode if the Gig is accepted before you went on vacation.

But undoing the sale is not the best option as this will come to bite you in the a#$ when you look at you Analytics.

Guest veccora

Reply to @sincere18: I rather not cancel because that is a negative on my account that can cost me points on getting to a next level. It’s not that I can’t do the job, it’s just that it will be later delivered than expected, that’s all. And thanks sincere18!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest veccora

Reply to @julipalmer7: Thanks for your message. I did go into “vacation mode” and I also let my buyers know that I was away. They all understood, and I had no issues whatsoever.

Archived