So I got to thinking about the recent change regarding the service fees and was looking at what other platforms do in addition to the commission fee. I was curious what other people thought and whether they would prefer different things. As we know, Fiverr has tried a number of different things and not always rolled them out.
Let’s just take it that Fiverr needs to raise money in addition to the 20% and let’s not argue about that. Instead, let’s discuss what revenue making methods we would prefer to see Fiverr implement.
Note: Vote is public
- Increase in commission to 25%
- Paid placement - pay per click ads (Not per sale)
- Paid placement - pay per sale ads (eg when these sell, you pay 40% to Fiverr)
- Bidding fees (Everyone gets 5 bids in Buyer Requests. You can buy more at $5 for 5)
- Monthly membership fee for sellers
- I prefer the service fees (rather than the other options)
- Other (please specify in comments)