What's everyone's thoughts on life?

cyaxrex

Hello, back again for a wee while. Sorry for the absence but I’m deluged in work (low paying sadly) and life problems.

Of course, I don’t mean to be a sourpuss, but why call a sack of potatoes anything other than a sack of potatoes if it’s not anything else? Moreover, curiously, I am actually quite positive at present. Lately, I’ve had a Swedish woman fall in love with me, found a new home for my new rescue dog (who I got back to full health) and even talked to my mother the other day for over an hour without expleting once. - A damned good show for someone who swears at breakfast cereal the moment it’s out of the carton.

Anyway, enough about me. I’m annoyed at the moment, very annoyed. A lovely girl I knew eons ago passed away over Christmas and so I made a last ditch plan last week to fly home for her funeral. It was a bit odd as I haven’t actually known her for over 10 years but I figured it out when I got to our old childhood Pentecostal Church youth club where her funeral was held.

• She was just nice you see. No fame, no fortune, a well-known list of bad men and career faux pass’ behind her, but just lovely as in, yes, I’m looking about the congregation thinking “what God in hell or heaven would keep anyone of us alive and not Gemma?”

So what’s the point Oh Wisdom of the Fiverr Forum? I mean let’s face it, as soon as you’ve worked on Fiverr for a year you’re basically a computer nerd with an ego. That said, there’s not much out of Fiverr that’s anything. There’s the beauty of the sunset yes, but who actually looks at that and thinks, “Wow! Let’s do this every day and do something meaningful with our lives because of it?”

I’m starting to envy the idea of just sitting, letting the world fall away and just being for a while. I mean what is the point? This could all just melt away in a moment and I think very few of us are actually as happy as we would like to think we are.

Damn you world and Fiverrverse.

In any case, this is an interesting social experiment if nothing else. What’s your meaning of life? And if your particulary passionate about it, why?

P.S. I still don’t have any idea how to use this new forum but we’ll see how it goes.

Hello, back again for a wee while. Sorry for the absence but I’m deluged in work (low paying sadly) and life problems.

Of course, I don’t mean to be a sourpuss, but why call a sack of potatoes anything other than a sack of potatoes if it’s not anything else? Moreover, curiously, I am actually quite positive at present. Lately, I’ve had a Swedish woman fall in love with me, found a new home for my new rescue dog (who I got back to full health) and even talked to my mother the other day for over an hour without expleting once. - A damned good show for someone who swears at breakfast cereal the moment it’s out of the carton.

Anyway, enough about me. I’m annoyed at the moment, very annoyed. A lovely girl I knew eons ago passed away over Christmas and so I made a last ditch plan last week to fly home for her funeral. It was a bit odd as I haven’t actually known her for over 10 years but I figured it out when I got to our old childhood Pentecostal Church youth club where her funeral was held.

• She was just nice you see. No fame, no fortune, a well-known list of bad men and career faux pass’ behind her, but just lovely as in, yes, I’m looking about the congregation thinking “what God in hell or heaven would keep anyone of us alive and not Gemma?”

So what’s the point Oh Wisdom of the Fiverr Forum? I mean let’s face it, as soon as you’ve worked on Fiverr for a year you’re basically a computer nerd with an ego. That said, there’s not much out of Fiverr that’s anything. There’s the beauty of the sunset yes, but who actually looks at that and thinks, “Wow! Let’s do this every day and do something meaningful with our lives because of it?”

I’m starting to envy the idea of just sitting, letting the world fall away and just being for a while. I mean what is the point? This could all just melt away in a moment and I think very few of us are actually as happy as we would like to think we are.

In any case, this is an interesting social experiment if nothing else. What’s your meaning of life? And if your particulary passionate about it, why?

P.S. I still don’t have any idea how to use this new forum but we’ll see how it goes.

What’s your meaning of life?

I don’t know about all that man, I got 13 articles to do today and will do it. Rest will take care of itself.

Just live in the present, forget the past, stop worrying about the future - and you will be fine.

A platitude. I don’t worry about anything. I am, however, worried about not leaving my mark upon the world.

The more I think about it, I think the way to appease myself will be to hire a herd of camels and riders in Morrocco, before having them trample in “Property of Cyax Rex” into the face of the Sahara so that it can be seen from space.

At least in the future people will wonder.

Death happens. I lost someone last week, so I know where you’re coming from.

Ultimately though, it’s life and it’s something to play with. Go have fun with your sexy Swede! Make trite jokes at other people’s expense! Roll your eyes when an idiot crosses your path! Sell ice to eskimos, sand to arabs and… er… something else to another ethnic group!

Or do the camel trampling in Morrocco, that could be fun, but I feel you’re being overly ambitious with your dreams of posterity.

Or you can focus about your work today, then focus on your work tomorrow, then the day after, and the day after that–but only when the work is in the present. Om.

I’d go for the camels. Take the Swede with you.

A platitude. I don’t worry about anything. I am, however, worried about not leaving my mark upon the world.

The more I think about it, I think the way to appease myself will be to hire a herd of camels and riders in Morrocco, before having them trample in “Property of Cyax Rex” into the face of the Sahara so that it can be seen from space.

I don’t care about making my mark on this world, I will just live my life, do my duty, and not care what others think about me. My dad was in a very important position, everywhere he went, there were dozens of people hanging on to his every word. He changed the lives of thousands of people, gave jobs to hundreds, helped thousands establish a business/livelihood. The day after he died, he was forgotten. Everybody just forgot about him. The only time they think about him is with envy and with a lot of negativity, when they see me living comfortably and wonder how much money/property my father left me. So, really, I don’t care about making a mark on this world. I have a very low opinion of people.

I don’t care about making my mark on this world, I will just live my life, do my duty, and not care what others think about me. My dad was in a very important position, everywhere he went, there were dozens of people hanging on to his every word. He changed the lives of thousands of people, gave jobs to hundreds, helped thousands establish a business/livelihood. The day after he died, he was forgotten. Everybody just forgot about him. The only time they think about him is with envy and with a lot of negativity, when they see me living comfortably and wonder how much money/property my father left me. So, really, I don’t care about making a mark on this world. I have a very low opinion of people.

Do my duty

A lot of lives have been wasted with this worldview, and not necessarily on the battlefield.

you’re basically a computer nerd with an ego

Ain’t that the truth… (not talking about myself of course… lol)

If you are having an information overload, instructional here:

So one of the many new features of the Forum is the ability to “Mute” Posts/Categories. The following is the instruction on how to “MUTE” an entire Category. => From Home Page Click on the desired “Category” you would like to NOT see on “Latest Posts” 1163845434_step1.JPG.2b811f23c4e3446c39884120f9b0a108.JPG=> Click on the Drop Down menu to the right of the green “New Topic” button. ==>Then click “Mute”. Now you wont get any notifications or view any future threads from the category altogether. 1732109760_step2.thumb.JPG.9d9533efd7d9591e454a99ecf2b36173.JPG*Simply select a different optio…

Do my duty

A lot of lives have been wasted with this worldview, and not necessarily on the battlefield.

I wish…had I graduated when I was in my early 20s, I would join the Indian Army and done my bit for the country. Like an idiot I messed that part about studying hard and not playing too much cricket/football, watching TV, playing video games.

I am, however, worried about not leaving my mark upon the world.

I assure you that after you die and go to the afterworld you won’t think about it for a second, what you did here.

It literally won’t make a bit of difference to you what you left behind, aside from loved ones. It’s just ego talking.

It’s like worrying about leaving your mark upon a dream you had. It’s gone like a puff of smoke in the wind.

Life is a meaningless addiction we keep getting pulled back into repeatedly, with the illusion that is has meaning.

It’s pointless nonsense best recognized for the BS that it is. Enjoy it and be kind to others but don’t be attached to it.

Don’t be paranoid writer 😉

I don’t care about making my mark on this world, I will just live my life, do my duty, and not care what others think about me.

Anyways, what about leaving your “legacy” behind. Time to come out of your shell …look for Mrs. Writer. Don’t you want any children?

By the way, let’s stop this now, this thread has the potential of getting both of us banned…

I thought you didn’t worry about the future, writer.

So what, I may get banned from a forum for giving Cy some ideas and answering his question and sharing my opinion that war is dumb and futile and the duty is a myth peddled by warmongers who won’t send their own kids out to the killing fields? If you want to stop it, just don’t mention it and let the conversation evolve. I would like to register right now that I think getting banned for expressing a POV on a thread literally asking for them is pretty dumb beforehand. That’s not bashing anyone, just what I think.

Personally, @misscrystal’s far more accurate imho. But since we’re all here for the party, we should have fun between the odd episode of misery–right?

I am, however, worried about not leaving my mark upon the world.

I assure you that after you die and go to the afterworld you won’t think about it for a second, what you did here.

It literally won’t make a bit of difference to you what you left behind, aside from loved ones. It’s just ego talking.

It’s like worrying about leaving your mark upon a dream you had. It’s gone like a puff of smoke in the wind.

Life is a meaningless addiction we keep getting pulled back into repeatedly, with the illusion that is has meaning.

It’s pointless nonsense best recognized for the BS that it is. Enjoy it and be kind to others but don’t be attached to it.

I assure you that after you die and go to the afterworld you won’t think about it for a second, what you did here.It literally won’t make a bit of difference to you what you left behind, aside from loved ones. It’s just ego talking.It’s like worrying about leaving your mark upon a dream you had. It’s gone like a puff of smoke in the wind.

Life is a meaningless addiction we keep getting pulled back into repeatedly, with the illusion that is has meaning.It’s pointless nonsense best recognized for the BS that it is. Enjoy it and be kind to others but don’t be attached to it.

EXACTLY!..

Don’t be paranoid writer 😉

I don’t care about making my mark on this world, I will just live my life, do my duty, and not care what others think about me.

Anyways, what about leaving your “legacy” behind. Time to come out of your shell …look for Mrs. Writer. Don’t you want any children?

God, that sounded so much like what my Mom would say. Scary.

God, that sounded so much like what my Mom would say. Scary.

Your mom is a wise woman 😅

So you’ve spiraled into an existential crisis/ quarter life crisis triggered by the loss of a close one. Almost everyone hits this stage at some point in their lives.

Almost all the platitudes have been made, so I’m contributing this :

As an euphemism of human beings trying to comprehend the meaning of life, almost all religions have attempted to grapple with this question of meaning of life and ended up providing cyclic and self-fulfilling explanations.

There is no inherent meaning to life. Life has whatever meaning you give to it.

Archived