What's next? Should you quit your job?

mithunbaiju

I was reading this article posted by a level 2 seller where he advised people that they shouldn’t quit their jobs because of a small success on Fiverr.

I completely agree with him. You shouldn’t quit your job just because you’ve made a few bucks on Fiverr.

But, let me ask you a very simple question.

Don’t you have a bigger dream? Like, you have to have a target in your life.

I have a good amount of money on Fiverr. I don’t know where I would be if it wasn’t for that one friend who advised me to start working on Fiverr.

But, now, I am putting up a team of developers from different parts of my country and starting a new web design agency to capture offline and online clients. I hope this works out well. I already have 90% of the team working with me at the moment and we are in the process of setting up our own business website.

Long story short, Fiverr is not just a Cash machine (Sone ke ande dene wali murgi). It is a really good opportunity for those who are really talented but need a chance to showcase their talent.

Now comes the contradictory statement. You should do whatever you feel is right for you. You are mature enough to understand the risks and are strong enough to handle whatever life throws at you.

PS: Valar Morghulis
I think John Snow is the rightful heir to the throne. I’ll see myself out now.
Just keep a positive attitude towards life and enjoy every bit of it.

Well done! You are an engineer…you would know that in India we can no longer depend on IT jobs in big companies. The business model has changed, with automation etc., so IT companies cutting down on hiring. Better to start your own business, look to do something of your own. I would say doing a job is actually risky these days, unless you have a government job.

Very wise advice! And way to go on working toward your dreams.

I’m actually in a very similar situation right now - hiring other people to help me and working to grow my Fiverr success into something bigger and better. I’m very close to the point of quitting my full-time job and going full-time entrepreneur (Fiverr being one of multiple revenue streams)

My thought is… what’s more risky… working at a job where nobody really cares about you, and you could be fired at any moment, or creating your own success and business where you control your own destiny.

Also…

what’s more risky… living a life you hate. Going to a job you hate. Working for a boss you hate. Doing this for 50 years and then dying. Or Taking the leap of faith to follow your dreams and actually have a career you can look back on in 30 years that was fulfilling, enjoyable, and one that you controlled.

I can’t speak for everyone, but my choice is to pick the less risky approach, and be my own boss.

Kudos!!!
I hope you get more success and inspire more people to chase their dreams.

I remember when I was a kid other kids at my school never said that they would like to work as an accountant in a company. Some said Doctors, some said Businessmen and some said good human being.

It is funny how our dreams tend to fade away just because of the lack of opportunity.

When I was a kid, I wanted to join the NDA and become an Army officer, but my parents had other plans. They made me join an engineering college (you may have heard of it…RVCE, Bangalore)…had to drop out of the final year, and since then been doing all sorts of things. But finally have some peace as a freelance writer.

Turning your Fiverr freelance career into a startup or a small company you own is a great turning point that would change your life forever. But would it change it to the better or to the worse? I think this depends completely on YOU! be wise and plan carefully when you chase your dreams 🙂

I didn’t make it in NDA (medicals: faint heart murmur.) Then, my parents made me do Engineering. RVCE is a very good college.

It was after my father’s death that I realised degrees don’t really matter. Nobody gives a fook about your degree. Being an engineer is like being a homeless guy with too much pride 😃

I think by the end of 2025, there will be more engineers that human beings in our country 😃 While the top guys are only hiring from IIT, AIT, NIT and some other highly reputed colleges.

I also did MBA because I didn’t want Engineering to be the worst mistake of my life 😃

By the way, buddy, you are doing extremely great. Let me tell you a thing. I have a lot of friends in the Army and they are always worried about the cash. But yeah, the Olive green uniform is something else. I still remember my father riding his Royal Enfield with those stars and medals that I used to polish with Brasso. Even though he had Jawans for that job, he would still make me do it. Now I see the logic. Even though you’ll never be able to become an Army officer, you could at least tell your friends that you polished an Army Officer’s stars and Ashok Sthambh 😃

Good old days. Good Old days.

We are still helping the country by paying taxes and donating a portion of whatever we make. That’s something to be proud of.

🙂

Yes, it totally depends on the type of person you are. If you are lazy, nothing will work. But, fortunately, Indians are really competitive and hard working people in general. And my friends are really crazy tech guys who love to work hard to make their dreams come true.

Well I don’t mind paying tax as long as my party is in power and Modi is PM. After that, I don’t know, won’t default, but will stop working so hard. Will pay minimal tax after that. (I don’t think the country will survive 5 years if the Gandhis come back or Kejriwal or others win in 2019. Just my honest assessment, I could be wrong. Who knows.)

It is a very wise move i must say…Right now i am just focusing to become a TRS and hopefully in future i also have a expert team and can start working for my own company …and i appreciate your take to start your own business …Good luck.

I agree there are people who don’t use their brains 😃

But, then there are guys like you. You are doing a great job. Inspiring people to work hard and provide decent services online. I am sure there are tons of people who share the same thinking. 🙂

a lot can happen over coffee 😉

Nicely said! For me Fiverr was the way to leave my last boring full time job. Was the place where I went over depression, was the place which pushed me to learn new things every day and meet wonderful people. Now I am a new man, with great ambitions and no matter what, Fiverr learned me I can do whatever I propose to do.

Nice job bro. An individual. I am Arnab Kumar from India too. I have not any big university degree. But I know how to design, how to do project successful.

I was totally ok in my childhood. After an accident
I am now 95% Physically Challenged which is very hard to achieve my dream which I want to do.

But I am an achiever. I am going to take full-time freelancing as my job.
Please pray for me.

Archived