Fiverr Forum

What's the Difference Between 'Late' Delivery & 'Very Late' Delivery?

Hi, I read something about Fiverr marking an order as ‘Late’ if its approaching 24 hours within the deadline…is this true? Does Fiverr really consider an order ‘Late’ if its delivered a few hours before the actual deadline?

Does that impact your eligibility for Levels?

Once you miss the estimated deadline you will get and email telling you so, the order will then go into a Late state. The buyer will not know it is late just that the timer has expired. You will receive a warning advising that you now have 24 hours to deliver the gig.

If you fail that deadline the order goes to a very late status and the buyer is able to cancel the order and have their funds returned, then you will receive an automatic negative feedback "Cancelled order seller failed to deliver on time!"

With respect of Levels yes, it can have an effect on your levels or eligibility of them

Regards

Ozzie

EDIT

Changed FULL STOP for COMMA. Thanks for @VedMak & @magellon for pointing out my glaring error

Cheers My Bad :)

Well answered @ozzieuk but the last part

ozzieuk said: You will receive an automatic negative feedback “Cancelled order seller failed to deliver on time!”
is not true, at least according to me. You do not receive an automatic negative feedback for failing to deliver after the 24 hour allowance is over. The automatic part happens after “a very very late delivery” say after a week.

Thank you both!

Reply to @gudwriter: Well I would recommend you go back and re-read what I wrote.

If you fail that deadline the order goes to a very late status and the buyer is able to cancel the order and have their funds returned. You will receive an automatic negative feedback "Cancelled order seller failed to deliver on time!"

Man I’m afraid to be late good thing I read this. So I have a question if you don’t mind, am pretty confused about the dates, on one of my gigs it says deadline is april 26 and right now it is april 24(7:11am) where I am and it also says that I only have one day left to deliver it, what does it mean? Is Fiverr time based in america? If so, does it mean that I get free time based on our local time? I’m confused^^

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Reply to @ozzieuk and @gudwriter:

ozzieuk said: If you fail that deadline the order goes to a very late status and the buyer is able to cancel the order and have their funds returned. You will receive an automatic negative feedback "Cancelled order seller failed to deliver on time!"

What @ozzieuk says is correct, but I think that he should have put a comma (,) instead of a full stop (.) between the words "... returned" and "You will ...".

:)

In my experience they do not consider it late until it has actually passed the deadline you were given (or the deadline you stated you could complete the work in)

They also do not consider it late if you have 24 hours or even 1 min left to get the finished product to your buyer. I know this for a fact, as I had an order the other day I had to type up furiously because the buyer forgot to give me her birth info and she didn’t ask her question in the form it needed to be in for the type of reading she wanted. I got her correspondence one hour before the reading was due, and I delivered it 7 minutes before it was due. I didn’t get penalized and it was not late.

Of course, I don’t like working that way, as it is pretty stressful, and with my luck, something would go wrong and I couldn’t deliver due to the website crashing or my isp taking a lunch break! LOL I try to get my orders done at least a few hours before they are due. I increased delivery on most of my Gigs so that I don’t feel stressed out to rush and give mediocre service. I typically write over 10k characters and 5k words in my readings, so it takes me a while to get done, and really, I need to streamline my readings more. Hard to do with my chart though! LOL

Juli

Reply to @vedmak: I see, I did the same then!

@genuineguidance : good to hear this!

My Bad.

I am confused about something, and I hope someone can elaborate for me. I have set my gig at 2 days and then offered an extra for 1 more day, making it 3 days total. I have delivered my gig within 3 days and it is saying I am “Ridiculously Late”. How can I set up my extras to count in addition to? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

When you set up your Gig extras, there should be a drop down that will show if you need additional time to deliver, which SHOULD be added on to the normal $5 Gig delivery time. All of mine that need more time than just $5 do not expect me to deliver in say 2 days, if an Extra added on will take another day for me to complete. Maybe it is a bug?

Watch those Ridiculously Late orders though - once they go to that status (meaning it passed the 24 hours after it was meant to be delivered) the client can cancel and you would receive an automatic bad rating. This can impact your placement on the site and ability to level up, as well as potentially scaring off clients who think you won’t deliver at all.

GG

I have received this warning becasue i had a client that could not check the job everyday and was asking for changes, he told me not worry about time that he stills want the job with all the revisions so we keep working on this one, when i contact customer support about this they say we can’t do anything.

They say you must cancel the order even whe i do this for living and was a big order…in the other hand when i cancel i receive a bad cancelation rate so i feel my hadns tied. i am very updet with this siituation.