Fiverr Community Forum

What's the meanest thing a buyer has said to you?

Inversely, what’s the meanest thing you’ve ever said to a buyer :sweat_smile:

Here are mine.

Had a buyer tell me I was rubbish at my job and he wished he could order from me just so he could rate me 1 star and roast me in the review. All this because I asked to cancel after he told me my voice was bland and that I hadn’t even tried.

Meanest thing I ever said I guess was that someone was unprofessional, rude, and impossible to work with. Which I realize may be a bit of a cop out because I’m biased, but it’s the only thing I can think of :stuck_out_tongue:

Share your insults! Also, please post your ideas for keeping it professional while laying down the law!

7 Likes

I think some idiot wanted a free sample of a spell and I said no and he said something like you know it won’t work that’s why. I said stop harassing me and he said something like that got to you didn’t it? I saw a seller had left him a bad review. He wasn’t my buyer. I never get talked to that way so it really stood out.

2 Likes

there’s always going to be rude customers … I usually get ‘’ I could’ve done that in 5 minutes ‘’ :slight_smile: It’s rather funny than insulting to me … perhaps it’s something that has to do with lack of education

3 Likes

It was going to write the same thing. This is what I have heard quite a few times. Or something like “This is an easy quick small job, why so high a price” and I have never responded with aggression. They feel about it a certain way so let’s be it. Not easy to get under my skin.

3 Likes

I’ve told someone they’re impossible to work with before now. Control freak - didn’t mention that!

3 Likes

I can’t think of anything bad or rude I’ve said to anyone but there probably is something.

1 Like

Would anyone dare? I mean, you might turn them into a frog or something …

4 Likes

You know that’s always what I think the rare times it happens. I’m like what the… this poor b’td.

5 Likes

… although some people are toads, anyway, no matter what they look like on the outside. Turning them into a frog might be a step up …

3 Likes

I just feel really sorry for them …

3 Likes

I was going back and forth with some bitcoin startup visionary a while back. They needed an artwork done that had to be based on a design someone else did (I never take these kinds of projects) and wouldn’t take “no” for an answer. Eventually, I just said: “I’m not interested in this, I’m sorry”.

They came back with: “Maybe if you had a brain you would be, you stupid stuck-up cow” and it stuck with me for some reason. Like, I’ve been called worse but this just stuck with me. Maybe because I’ve interacted enough with those visionary types back in my day and I am somewhat sensitive to them and their ambitious and groundbreaking ideas in particular, I don’t know.

I reported them (not via CS which might be why) and last time I’ve checked they were still active on the platform.

4 Likes

There are some very thin skinned individuals out there who take any no as an insult and go on the attack. I always stop and try to think of some way to make it sound like it’s my fault for not being capable of doing something so important.

3 Likes

Yikes! Sounds like you bruised a fragile ego. Sorry you went through that.

I hate this. As far as I’m concerned, the zero-tolerance policy should apply to both buyers and sellers. Fiverr massively lets it’s sellers down with things like this. A case like your’s should be open-and-shut. Did they say it? If they did, immediate ban.

9 Likes

Fiverr obsess over customers. Sellers are replaceable. So before you make any statement think of Fiverr leadership principles.

1 Like

Nah, it’s good to chat with each other about the things we deal with. Keeps our heads on straight knowing we’re in it together. 99% of my clients are excellent, and I make sure they know it by going above and beyond for them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

That is so cr@p - and part of the reason my avatar is … apparently the word is “fluid”. It doesn’t attract the misogynistic abuse …

3 Likes

I can do it in 5 minutes.

1 Like

I’m surprised I haven’t gotten any “bird brain” type comments in my 3.5 years here. The worst I’ve ever gotten was nudes and a stalker, which was pretty awful to be fair but a different kind of abuse.

2 Likes

Oh, I’ve gotten one of “those” images through my FB page …I have no idea why people send those things …