What's the Mount Everest of Fiverr?

writer99025

For a lot of people, it is about achieving TRS. For some, it is about getting a certain number of reviews or completed orders - 5,000 or 10,000, maybe? For me, it is about achieving $100k in lifetime Fiverr earning. Some sellers seem to get there every year. I am not one of them. But right now, I am focused on that. No idea how much longer it will take, but hope to get there eventually. [And once I do, vacation mode for 1 year as I go in search of the real Mount Everest or something like that 😉 ]

[Not that it would mean much…young IIT/IIM students get starting offers of $100k…heck, last I heard even a guy from the same college I dropped out of got a campus offer of $100k [from Google, no less]…they have their own Mount Everest I suppose…]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually never thinked about my Mount Everest. As people says, Fiverr is not a permanent platform to earn their livelihood, and in my niche of business, my services are complicated and selling these services are not an easy task on Fiverr. My main and most important services are not even on Fiverr.

I actually never thinked about my Mount Everest. As people says, Fiverr is not a permanent platform to earn their livelihood, and in my niche of business, my services are complicated and selling these services are not an easy task on Fiverr. My main and most important services are not even on Fiverr.

My main and most important services are not even on Fiverr.

In which other platforms can you work as a freelancer?

Note: I am not quite sure if my question is against the TOS, so if it is, please ignore it; since it is not my intention to break the rules.

My main and most important services are not even on Fiverr.

In which other platforms can you work as a freelancer?

Note: I am not quite sure if my question is against the TOS, so if it is, please ignore it; since it is not my intention to break the rules.

I am a social media entrepreneur. Management, marketing, advertising, promotions, PR Handling, etc. these are my services.

I am a social media entrepreneur. Management, marketing, advertising, promotions, PR Handling, etc. these are my services.

@iamsachmusic, I was talking about the platforms, haha. Because I usually hear a lot of people here saying that they do not work only on Fiverr, but they never say in which other platforms they work.

For a lot of people, it is about achieving TRS. For some, it is about getting a certain number of reviews or completed orders - 5,000 or 10,000, maybe? For me, it is about achieving $100k in lifetime Fiverr earning. Some sellers seem to get there every year. I am not one of them. But right now, I am focused on that. No idea how much longer it will take, but hope to get there eventually. [And once I do, vacation mode for 1 year as I go in search of the real Mount Everest or something like that 😉 ]

[Not that it would mean much…young IIT/IIM students get starting offers of $100k…heck, last I heard even a guy from the same college I dropped out of got a campus offer of $100k [from Google, no less]…they have their own Mount Everest I suppose…]

Well, I became a TRS without even knowing that there was such a thing as TRS, so I didn’t long for that as others I see here do.

I also just saw I’m past 10K completed orders, and I wasn’t there to celebrate it 😃

For me, it is about achieving $100k in lifetime Fiverr earning

I guess that could be one… although I’m still 4K short to reaching that point, but will get there in a bit. Although I bet I won’t notice it either and forget to celebrate it, again 😃

But no, that’s not it. My Mount Everest is something big. It’s something hard to climb, to get to.

It’s that of changing my Fiverr category/line of work. Sometimes in the near future I aspire to a brand new powerful computer that would allow me to invest time to properly learn animation and 3D, offering gigs for that as it fascinates me. I’ve started with the SEO world because I couldn’t decide between art & programming, both of which I love and am really good at, so I thought something different would be the solution. It was and still is after 7 years of doing this. But for some reason I keep getting drawn back to those two passions of mine 🙂

I don´t have any, nor did I (edit: I mean on Fiverr). As someone who is retired, I joined Fiverr for totally different reason than most people do 🙂

Everybody has their own Mount Everest, doesn’t need to have anything to do with Fiverr 😃 Everyone should have a Mount Everest, something to motivate you, otherwise life can become boring.

Well, I became a TRS without even knowing that there was such a thing as TRS, so I didn’t long for that as others I see here do.

I also just saw I’m past 10K completed orders, and I wasn’t there to celebrate it 😃

For me, it is about achieving $100k in lifetime Fiverr earning

I guess that could be one… although I’m still 4K short to reaching that point, but will get there in a bit. Although I bet I won’t notice it either and forget to celebrate it, again 😃

But no, that’s not it. My Mount Everest is something big. It’s something hard to climb, to get to.

It’s that of changing my Fiverr category/line of work. Sometimes in the near future I aspire to a brand new powerful computer that would allow me to invest time to properly learn animation and 3D, offering gigs for that as it fascinates me. I’ve started with the SEO world because I couldn’t decide between art & programming, both of which I love and am really good at, so I thought something different would be the solution. It was and still is after 7 years of doing this. But for some reason I keep getting drawn back to those two passions of mine 🙂

Yeah, Goofy, you are so funny and nice that I tend to forget there is a serious hardcore seller in you. LOL. I have to say you are just perfectly suited for this freelancing thing, it’s great you enjoy it so much as well. Fiverr should make you an Ambassador like right now.

Everybody has their own Mount Everest, doesn’t need to have anything to do with Fiverr 😃. Hmmm, let me see… Well, as far as I can think of, at this point I don´t have any target anymore (at least not the big ones). I have got everything I needed to have and reached my big targets. All I want to do now just live in the present, and do whatever I feel like to do, no pressure whatsoever. I had reached my Mount Everest before I decided to be retired (and I did work my *ss off, and I´m not sorry for what I am now). If I feel bored I´ll just do something fun. Besides, sometimes boredom is just a state of mind, same with happiness (IMHO) 😁

@writer99025 Ah alrighty 🙂. Hmmm, let me see… Well, as far as I can think of, at this point I don´t have any target anymore (at least not the big ones). I have got everything I needed to have and reached my big targets. All I want to do now just live in the present, and do whatever I feel like to do, no pressure whatsoever. I had reached my Mount Everest before I decided to be retired (and I did work my *ss off, and I´m not sorry for what I am now). If I feel bored I´ll just do something fun. Besides, sometimes boredom is just a state of mind, same with happiness (IMHO) 😁

LOL…you are too young to be so content with life…my mom is similarly content with life, but she is 65. 😃

LOL…you are too young to be so content with life…my mom is similarly content with life, but she is 65. 😃

@writer99025 People have different journey of life. And age is just a number, no? I started to travel abroad alone when I was much younger (Heck, I even visited India and other Asian countries before digital era), and did a lot of fun things and worked very hard. Right now, I still could decide to work more for money, but I don´t want to. I don´t care how many people try to make me feel bad about my decision. I have decided what I think is enough. Besides, I don´t plan to have kids. 🙂

@writer99025 People have different journey of life. And age is just a number, no? I started to travel abroad alone when I was much younger (Heck, I even visited India and other Asian countries before digital era), and did a lot of fun things and worked very hard. Right now, I still could decide to work more for money, but I don´t want to. I don´t care how many people try to make me feel bad about my decision. I have decided what I think is enough. Besides, I don´t plan to have kids. 🙂

Yeah, but I didn’t mean making money…it could be anything…a nonprofit for homeless/street dogs, or something like that.

Yeah, but I didn’t mean making money…it could be anything…a nonprofit for homeless/street dogs, or something like that.

@writer99025 Dude, I have many dogs for a reason (now finally for the first time in my life I can have many dogs within the same period of time). I used to only be able to keep one or two dogs per period of time. We also moved to the countryside for that reason (so we can have many dogs and have enough space for the dogs to run around. I did not buy all those mutts. I adopted them and I take care of them. Most of them are senior dogs (very old). They are all free loaders 😂

@writer99025 Dude, I have many dogs for a reason (now finally for the first time in my life I can have many dogs within the same period of time). I used to only be able to keep one or two dogs per period of time. We also moved to the countryside for that reason (so we can have many dogs and have enough space for the dogs to run around. I did not buy all those mutts. I adopted them and I take care of them. Most of them are senior dogs (very old). They are all free loaders 😂

LOL…you already have an NGO, make it official, get a license and you are in business 😃

Yeah, Goofy, you are so funny and nice that I tend to forget there is a serious hardcore seller in you. LOL. I have to say you are just perfectly suited for this freelancing thing, it’s great you enjoy it so much as well. Fiverr should make you an Ambassador like right now.

Fiverr should make you an Ambassador like right now.

I think that won’t happen as long as I can’t participate to off-country gatherings/meetings and such. As far as I see it, all ambassadors have one extra thing in common (besides many more others) that I still cannot have: they’ve met and seen each other in person.

I’ve never even gotten out of the country, I fear airplanes, I fear long train travels, I fear long car driving, and while my written English is all good and dandy, I never had enough time (or even someone else) to exercise my spoken English. Imagine the ear-horror of the other Ambassadors if they’d hear me speak 😃 (like “someone take his badge, we can’t 🐻 this anymore, I think our ears started bleeding”)

@writer99025 PS: I know you could be retired too anytime right now if you want to. But you still have passion to work. It´s the same with my husband. He could be retired but he still enjoys working. I think it comes back to each individual. We should be doing what we feel like doing, whether it means we are doing something or nothing at all. 🙂

Fiverr should make you an Ambassador like right now.

I think that won’t happen as long as I can’t participate to off-country gatherings/meetings and such. As far as I see it, all ambassadors have one extra thing in common (besides many more others) that I still cannot have: they’ve met and seen each other in person.

I’ve never even gotten out of the country, I fear airplanes, I fear long train travels, I fear long car driving, and while my written English is all good and dandy, I never had enough time (or even someone else) to exercise my spoken English. Imagine the ear-horror of the other Ambassadors if they’d hear me speak 😃 (like “someone take his badge, we can’t 🐻 this anymore, I think our ears started bleeding”)

Imagine the ear-horror of the other Ambassadors if they’d hear me speak 😃 (like “someone take his badge, we can’t 🐻 this anymore, I think our ears started bleeding”)

Hey, it is normal if you have an accent. I have too. It is totally normal. We don´t come from USA and we didn´t grow up in USA. If people can´t stand our accents it´s their problem. I mean, at least we have learned and we speak another language other than our mother tounge. 🙂

PS: I like the teddy bear sticker. 🙂

Imagine the ear-horror of the other Ambassadors if they’d hear me speak 😃 (like “someone take his badge, we can’t 🐻 this anymore, I think our ears started bleeding”)

Hey, it is normal if you have an accent. I have too. It is totally normal. We don´t come from USA and we didn´t grow up in USA. If people can´t stand our accents it´s their problem. I mean, at least we have learned and we speak another language other than our mother tounge. 🙂

PS: I like the teddy bear sticker. 🙂

OK, so with language being removed from the ambassador equation, we’re still left with the fear or airplane/train/car travels 😱 I admit, I may have seen too many crash/disaster movies (I can’t help it, I love the grand effects), and that might have altered my senses to some big degree.

The bear emoji looks so like me when I’m all grumpy and moody 🐻

OK, so with language being removed from the ambassador equation, we’re still left with the fear or airplane/train/car travels 😱 I admit, I may have seen too many crash/disaster movies (I can’t help it, I love the grand effects), and that might have altered my senses to some big degree.

The bear emoji looks so like me when I’m all grumpy and moody 🐻

we’re still left with the fear or airplane/train/car travels 😱

FYI, I´m scared of flying too, but it has never stopped me from flying (many people say it is actually safer to travel by plane than by car). I like the trains and IMO, train is the safest transportation mode. I feel vurnerable though when travelling by car in the winter, but it hasn´t stopped me either. The last option I would take is traveling overseas by boat. I don´t mind when the boat travels in a calm river, but I´m too scared to pass through a wide big ocean by boat (Yes, Titanic and The Perfect Storm really got me).

Bears are cute, just saying. 🙂

Archived