Whats the possibility Im being scammed?

kanggarros

Hello, I am new to the fiverr and I have a question. So recently some “chinese developer” msg’ed me and asked me to make an upwork account bcs he lives in china and its better to make an account from europe. At first I thought, hey good idea I can help you. But later on some other guys asked the same, so I got suspicious. Is this some kind of scam? I mean, so far I have made paypal account with the first guy and technically we will confirm the bank on the paypal soon (thats completely empty so I don’t have to worry about it), but should I just ignore all of that? Everything he said seemed fine, but because of the second guy I am not so sure anymore.

EDIT: so I’ve reached my maximum amount of replies so if there is anything you wanna ask, just dm. Also I close all the possible accounts related to it so I don’t have to worry anymore.

Hello, I am new to the fiverr and I have a question. So recently some “chinese developer” msg’ed me and asked me to make an upwork account bcs he lives in china and its better to make an account from europe. At first I thought, hey good idea I can help you. But later on some other guys asked the same, so I got suspicious. Is this some kind of scam? I mean, so far I have made paypal account with the first guy and technically we will confirm the bank on the paypal soon (thats completely empty so I don’t have to worry about it), but should I just ignore all of that? Everything he said seemed fine, but because of the second guy I am not so sure anymore.

EDIT: so I’ve reached my maximum amount of replies so if there is anything you wanna ask, just dm. Also I close all the possible accounts related to it so I don’t have to worry anymore.

Everything he said seemed fine

How’s that can sound fine?

It’s a very obvious scam and very known that’s going on for a long time.

And congrats you are just broke fiverr TOS not talking about in how much trouble you can get into creating PayPal and up work accounts for someone else.

Everything he said seemed fine

How’s that can sound fine?

It’s a very obvious scam and very known that’s going on for a long time.

And congrats you are just broke fiverr TOS not talking about in how much trouble you can get into creating PayPal and up work accounts for someone else.

Well as I said im pretty much new here. So is it really known scam here? I guess I will just cut all the contacts, and don’t worry paypal account isn’t finished anyway. Despite being stupid, I am not that stupid. Well thanks anyway

Well as I said im pretty much new here. So is it really known scam here? I guess I will just cut all the contacts, and don’t worry paypal account isn’t finished anyway. Despite being stupid, I am not that stupid. Well thanks anyway

You broke TOS. Why would you do something for someone that breaks TOS? That’s your mistake, intentionally going against Fiverr terms of service, not being gullible.

Well as I said im pretty much new here.

Read Fiverr’s Terms of Service immediately, then.

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

That way you’ll learn the rules and be able to avoid getting banned.

By the way, what made you think that creating a fake upwork account and basically participating in a scam could possibly be a good idea?

well first thing, I knew it all was quite dodgy. So I tried to make sure I didn’t give any info that could cause harm to me.
Second thing I’m in huge need of money and I had this childish attitude like “hey what if its not a scam”
There were few thing that he said and that make sense, but I was still cautious.
Anyway I didn’t really know how would that work and so I kept on going.
Also I got his mail address and I was carefully watching everything.

well first thing, I knew it all was quite dodgy. So I tried to make sure I didn’t give any info that could cause harm to me.

Second thing I’m in huge need of money and I had this childish attitude like “hey what if its not a scam”

There were few thing that he said and that make sense, but I was still cautious.

so far I have made paypal account with the first guy and technically we will confirm the bank on the paypal soon (thats completely empty so I don’t have to worry about it),

You made a Paypal account for him? In your name?

so far I have made paypal account with the first guy and technically we will confirm the bank on the paypal soon (thats completely empty so I don’t have to worry about it),

You made a Paypal account for him? In your name?

Well kinda, I didn’t really use my name tho and no card nor bank is connected to it so I am not worried

Where was the money to put into the bank account going to be coming from?

im not sure I understand. You mean how would the money go on paypal or what? If so, technically it should go from upwork (atleast that was his plan) and he would send some money there from his account.

im not sure I understand. You mean how would the money go on paypal or what? If so, technically it should go from upwork (atleast that was his plan) and he would send some money there from his account.

I see. And so then you would have money from his up**** account put into your bank account through Paypal, and then somehow send it to him?

So this guy in China now has access to your bank account and can send money into it and have you withdraw it?

Do you know what money laundering is?

I see. And so then you would have money from his up**** account put into your bank account through Paypal, and then somehow send it to him?

So this guy in China now has access to your bank account and can send money into it and have you withdraw it?

Do you know what money laundering is?

money from there would go to the paypal acc we made, and later on from this account he would send me profits. To pay there he would firstly send money from his acc to our and thats all

money from there would go to the paypal acc we made, and later on from this account he would send me profits. To pay there he would firstly send money from his acc to our and thats all

It sounds like money laundering with you being the one who would be caught for it. That’s a very big crime.

Not to mention fraud on your part for opening a fake Paypal account. Another big crime.

oh well I will be more careful from now on, thanks

I’m quite surprised by this, that anyone would do this but thank you for your honesty. I suggest you close that Paypal account. You could get in a lot of trouble.

Not to mention having your fiverr account banned.

Nothing like participating with some random person on the internet in a money laundering scheme without realizing it. I can think of a few other laws being broken by this also. I didn’t realize anyone would ever go along with these scam attempts. 😱

This is amazing.

You’d still be committing a fraud.

If you’re willing to break the law, there are probably more lucrative ways to get money than doing it through Fiverr.

You’d still be committing a fraud.

If you’re willing to break the law, there are probably more lucrative ways to get money than doing it through Fiverr.

It’s such a what the heck why not attitude… 😜

OP your profile sounds like you are open for anything that someone wants you for basically.

Archived