Fiverr Forum

Whats The *** Secret To Getting Featured On Fiverr?!

All right, I’ve been noticing this for a while that the majority of gigs that get featured are either very common gigs with a higher price tag or new level 2 sellers that have nothing unique that other level 2 sellers don’t have. What does Fiverr look for when choosing a gig to feature? Just what on Earth is their criteria for choosing gigs to feature? Cause clearly number of sales and positive reviews in short time frames isn’t the only thing they look for.

Yes you are right .
I also want know about this secret?

I am selling gigs here on Fiverr for 3 years now.

I only got featured about 3 months ago. My best selling gig did not get featured.

My oldest gig did not get featured. All of my gigs have perfect scores.

So which gig got featured? The one gig that no one else was selling. :slight_smile:

So I obviously can’t tell you for sure, but for me having a 100% original gig was what had me featured.

But from my experience, having a featured gig does not equal more sales. You get some more inquiries for sure at first, but after a while it quiets down.

So don’t obsess too much over it. :slight_smile:

There’s literally a gig titled “write seo article” featured with only a couple of common reviews. Which led to me making this post. Just trying to figure out how Fiverr thinks.

when you say “featured” you mean, it’s high on search results, or it actually bears the purple “featured” badge?

I mean the purple featured badge.

It’s no use trying to figure it out. It’s not the uniqueness of a gig. It’s not number of reviews.
(I recommend taking the curse word out of the title also.)

@ssj1236 She’s referring to the word: “Damn” in your title.

Recommend: either remove it or alter it to “Darn”.

[Mod Note: OP did not utilize this good advice so it was fixed.]

I don’t think an expletive is warranted at all. Save it for a real problem.

True, but “Freedom Of Speech” and all…:rolling_eyes:

Yes but this is a professional forum and we are all professionals.

We restrict the use of expletives to only the most severe issues. And even then they are
never put in print or on forums.

How much traffic/sales bump did you get after being featured?

Featured or not, I think people need to realize that the success of a gig still comes down to whether buyers are in need to the service, or whether there is a viable market, and the gig service interests people enough to purchase it.

I know of seller who have been featured for a time, and saw no notable rise in sales. I’ve also known sellers who have been featured, and were flooded with new orders as a result.

Featured means your gig is seen. It still needs to interest people enough to generate sales.

Yes, but this consideration remains pervasive for everyone every time. All sales are a subset of the larger demand curve, but WITHIN that scope/limitation of available demand-supply, how can people position themselves to corner a larger share of it. That is what he is asking. In that case, being featured does help someone have an edge over others. All other things remaining same, being featured is still preferable than not, << can we blame sellers thinking that way?

It is clearly worth pursuing since the rewards of being featured are tangible.

Still better than not being seen. :slight_smile:

I recently mailed Fiverr CS asking them what objective considerations need to be fulfilled to qualify to be featured and if it is based on subjective prerogative then would they take a look at my gigs and consider featuring them.

This is what CS told me :

Please see our article on Requesting More Exposure on Gigs. Unfortunately, individual requests to have your Gigs promoted is not in our Editorial focus and we no longer provide any exposure per request. Instead, I suggest visiting our Forum, where you can find many tips/advice about how to get more sales.

Basically, exactly what @misscrystal said “no use trying to figure out how it works” because it is in the realm of editorial review now, but there is no harm in hoping or wishing for it and wondering what we could do differently to be worthy of being noticed by editorial staff and be featured.

@silkroute

I got an impressions bump and a few more messages per day for about a week.

Trust me when I say it made no difference, bottom line wise.

There’s absolutely no reason for you or anyone else to obsess over a featured gig.

Focus on your product, and branding.

The only problem is, none of us can pursue being featured, since that is awarded at the preferences and whims of Fiverr (and those responsible for selecting featured gigs).

I think, instead of wishing and wondering, sellers are likely to find it more rewarding to just complete and deliver orders, and leave the feature decisions up to those that make those decisions. No one can make something happen by wishing and wondering. Be a noteworthy seller, and if Fiverr likes what they see, they might feature you.

I’ve had my gigs featured a few times, and while I saw a notable 1-day increase in sales, I can assure you that being featured isn’t likely to turn an ordinary gig into a superstar gig. That’s just not practical. Being featured is a nice short-term bonus, but that’s really all that it is.

Blame my poor choice of words, maybe I am not phrasing it correctly. “Don’t seek promotion, do your work” implies people are looking for promotion as a substitute for doing good quality work. Which is not the case.

The ones who have already been featured have already had the experience and lost the novelty value, but those who haven’t had that experience tend to be curious about it so they ask questions to those who have. Everyone is curious about what they don’t have, just like in real life. It doesn’t mean they are complacent in their work. It’s just basic human curiosity.

These are mutually exclusive things. People can have both, focus on delivering good product AND look for exposure.

Would you walk into an Apple store and try to accuse them of not focusing on building a good product because they also simultaneously invest in advertising?

@silkroute OK let me help you out then with an example of my own.

it’s like the developer of an app you have never heard of is seeking an official response from Tim Cook himself, about how he can get his app featured as soon as someone switches on his phone, instead of the Apple logo. :slight_smile:

if your app was ever good enough to be considered by the editorial team, trust me you would know about it.

so, my advice remains: focus on making something that will DEMAND attention from both customers and the editorial team.

Yes, looking to better promote yourself is of course something of equal importance.

BUT

Spending time on wondering why something has yet to happen to you when it has happened to others, why them and not me, is a problem down the line.

It’s a mentality thing, so it takes time to get there.

Work on your stuff. Pay your dues. You will get there.

@silkroute

also:

investing in advertising and getting your gig featured are two completely unrelated things.

when Fiverr rolls out its ad platform, feel free to invest in as much ad spaces as you can afford.

But having the editorial team select your gig to be featured is not on the menu.

Can you tell me why it is not ‘on the menu’ if it is a subjective consideration for the Fiverr team to make and not yours? are you doing the reviewing on their behalf? Don’t get personal unnecessarily.