Fiverr Community Forum

What's up with those "teams"

Why most of sellers are presenting themselves as a team? When you work for very cheap prices and have only few orders in month then I don’t really believe you are working in a team… It’s just trying to look legit or something?

10 Likes

I hate sellers who say this. Another huge turnoff for me when looking at gigs and seller profiles, is sellers who start of describing their service in the first person (i.e. I will deliver), before finishing in the third person (i.e Our team is the best on Fiverr for.)

7 Likes

The main issue for me is that many competitors present themselves as a single writer, when they are actually a large team and as @cyaxrex said, they finish their introduction in third person. But that’s the way things are, they are sticking to the rules. Whether it’s morally correct or not… that’s another thing.

4 Likes

Absolutely. I totally agree.

While it’s possible that everyone in a team has a similar skillset and can therefore deliver a broadly consistent result time after time, I do have a moral issue with sellers who claim to be an individual but who are in fact of team of two more people.

If you’re a team, then say you’re a team.

4 Likes

And if you are freelancer, say you are freelancer

There is also the good ol’ copy-paste a description from some random website. No wonder they start with I and finish with “our team”

I think more just mix “I” and “we” (not meaning the seller and the buyer) into the same description, without saying it’s a team.

1 Like

I get quite a few potential buyers who assume I’m a team. I don’t use “we” in my descriptions. I think some people might do this to appear more legitimate. One person is just someone on their couch. A team must work in an office, etc. Perhaps that’s the impression they’re trying to make. Doubt it helps especially when it’s a lie.

2 Likes