Fiverr Forum

What's your "Contingency Plan" against Fiverr income?

Seeing the post above this post, I think we have gotten back on-topic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does it have to do with algorithm?

Well, it has got to do everything with algorithm. I saw excellent sellers lose rankings for whatever algorithmic reason and struggling to get back. For some, this can mean dreams shattered.

@ghemachandar1 I hope you solve the puzzle of the new algorithm soon.

Life is not just about working all day. There are other activities that can keep you occupied, being with friends, enjoying life, exercising, you know, outdoor activities. I can’t imagine my day spending 14 hours at home just working. It must sound nice to be “productive” but you can’t just let your life drain like that. You seem like a young person and is good that you work hard, but don’t forget other activities, even if you enjoy working all day and night, the human being is a social animal, we need to form relationships to keep balance in our lives.

Firstly, let hope me and the other sellers aim to become financially independent, semi-retired… and have their buckets half filled like you do :slight_smile: We needn’t get too concerned about algorthmic changes then.

Figuring out algorithm is far, you should see my struggle to get the Gig rankings back. Going from first row of the first page to fourth page is cruel. Thankfully, got some good deals from my repeat buyers and it did not affect me as much as it should. But for others it could have been a death knell.

So how did I get the rankings back? I did start a thread about it.

For someone interested in surviving such a downturn -

I would suggest something that helped me to stay afloat. Let’s call it PLAN C:

… and it is simply Start New Gigs!

A level 2 seller can have as many as 22 Gigs. So if you lose Gig rankings, delete all Gigs except top 3 and then begin adding one new Gig everyday. On the 20th day once again delete all gigs except top 3 and do so ad infinitum till you start getting orders and get established in Fiverr business again.

As far as I know this is not against Fiverr’s TOS and takes advantage of the fact that Newly arrived gigs get a short uplift in Gig rankings. It’s hardwork for sure; but something is better than nothing!

1 Like

and how old are you if I may ask? LOL. (Nah, don´t answer that).

@ghemachandar1 Amen to all your good wishes, may all your dreams come true.

25 years
20 characters

@oscar_98 LOL. I thought you are like 60 or older when you said to @writer99025 ËťYou seem like a young personËť. He is older than you.

2 Likes

That’s why Im in the position to advice him because I guess I’m in his same age group. I doubt old people are freelancing, at that point of their life they must either have a steady job, family and stuff, right? :angry:

Me too. Thought EXACTLY the same. :smirk:

Depends what you class as old I suppose! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ghemachandar1 i know right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: LOL

C’mon @oscar_98! As much I appreciate your willingness to disagree, can’t help but disagree with most of your statements. There are PLENTY of elderly on Fiverr.

1 Like

Old, elderly - come on folks - we’re not quite decrepit yet! :slight_smile:

So long as you’re over 13, anybody of any age can use Fiverr.

5 Likes

So back to contingency plan, I think no matter where an income is from, if you are able to save up, start saving up now. How much you want to or can save up, you yourself who knows the answer.

1 Like

[quote=“fitrigwrites4u, post:84, topic:154646, full:true”]
So back to contingency plan, I think no matter where an income is from, if you are able to save up, start saving up now. How much you want to or can save up, you yourself who knows the answer.
[/quote](Emphasis mine)

:+1:

1 Like

:slight_smile::slight_smile: I ran out of hearts.
…

1 Like

To be fair, young @oscar_98 talks just like my mother…

6 Likes