What's Your Favourite Song or Artist?

optical_designs

Unfair question.

I spent 23 years in Broadcasting.

I played several different music formats.

Therefore, I like a lot of different music.

But I can narrow it down a little.

The pop/rock of the 80s was incredible and still stands up against most of the computer-generated crap being produced these days.

Unfair question.

The pop/rock of the 80s was incredible and still stands up against most of the computer-generated crap being produced these days.

“Stranger” by Smokie is so damn good…

Unfair question.

Yea, I agree is unfair for some and okay with others. How about your favourite artist?

• 4 weeks later...

At the moment, my favourite band is years and years.
Although generally, i love The Script and Bombay Bicycle Club. And Arctic Monkeys.

I also love Aswad and Busy Signal, although i dont follow the latter as heavily.

My favourite solo artist is Maverick Sabre. He’s so brilliant. As an artist and as an individual. It would be a pleasure to meet him.

My favourite ever song is Maxi Priest- In The Springtime.

Unfair question.

computer-generated crap being produced these days

I agree that there isn’t much good new commercial music on the radio nowadays. I don’t even turn it on much anymore.

But there are still amazing artists making new music. For rock music in particular, there’s alt-j, Django Django, The Black Keys, Haim, The National, just to name a few. Then you have amazing pop and r&b artists like Billie Eilish, Doja Cat, Lorde, Adele, Solange, FKA twigs… I mean, there are endless incredibly talented, creative musicians out here still making awesome records. Just gotta know where to look!

My favorite artists of all time are alt-j, Joanna Newsom and Django Django. But I also love bluegrass, country, blues, classical, pop, hip-hop, folk, rock… if it moves me, I’ll listen to it 😎

Archived