Fiverr Forum

When a seller says, "Do not respond..."

… DO NO RESPOND.

I’m usually a very calm person, but Fiverr’s insistence that sellers have the last word in any conversation makes for a lot of awkward exchanges. Some of these exchanges can really be really irritating, especially when the person on the other end of the line doesn’t understand simple instructions.

jamesbulls said: Fiverr's insistence that sellers have the last word in any conversation
Fiverr doesn't insist on that, even though some sellers think so. Fiverr clearly states that only THE FIRST answer in a conversation counts; we don't need to have the last word.

Every time that fellow sent me a message, it created an action item on my to-do list. If it’s not necessary to respond, then why is it telling me to respond?

Yet another illustration of the reason that Fiverr needs a better messaging system.

It would make absolutely no sense if you were right and we had to have the last word. What if I, as a seller myself, ordered something from another seller? It would mean one of us would have to suffer a loss of his response rate or we’d have to keep messaging each other forever…

zeromark said: It would mean one of us would have to suffer a loss of his response rate or we'd have to keep messaging each other forever
To infinity and beyond. Although response rate only counts for the first message.

I think as already mentioned in this thread, response rate counts only for the first message. I even reply to spam messages with (“This is considered spam. Please don’t send another message.”) the first time around, but I never reply even if there’s a reply from what I sent that person. I’ve done this loads of times and it hasn’t affected my response rate, my response rate is at 95% at the moment… (it isn’t at 100 because before I directly deleted messages I didn’t want to reply to – not knowing it affects my response rate :-<… But lesson learned. haha. )

When you see that little time thingy the first time someone sends you a message (rightmost corner) in a conversation, I believe that counts for the analysis of your response rate – on how soon you reply to that person’s first message to you.

But then again, I may be wrong as I tend to get surprised with Fiverr’s rules and system sometimes. haha!

I can emphatically state not responding to ANY message will ding your response rate and time, and here is why. I have kept my response rate at 100%, and my response time at one hour for nearly three months, until I received a spam message with a reminder from Fiverr that I cannot contact the sender directly for “privacy reasons”.

That was on August 20, and ever since then my response rate and time have been taking a nose dive. Currently my response rate is at 86% which used to be 100%, and my response time is at 8 hours where it used to be one hour. Since I cannot respond to the original spam message, there seems to be nothing I can do to recover my metrics, even though I always respond to all messages within minutes if I am online, or within 12 hours when I am not.

Talk about a catch-22 situation!

haha, I reiveive so many spam messages… I’ve to answer these with a ‘thanks’ message in order to maintain my response time… :smiley:

LOL, I am new here hence was not aware of this. Very nice of you James to help a stranger.

Reply to @jamesbulls: Doesn’t it just tell you that you have (enter number here) unread messages? Having an unread message doesn’t mean that you have to respond to it (unless it’s the first one sent by that person), just that you should read it.