Fiverr Forum

When buyer orders more than one gig, the delivery time isn't multiplied

My gig is 30 sec animation in five days.
Someone ordered 2 gigs of 30 sec animation but the delivery time remained 5 days.
I would expect that the number of days will update to 10 (2*5) days.
If someone will order 10 gigs (300 sec) the delivery time will remain 5 days, and it doesn’t make sense.
Thanks

I also complained about this problem several times, and I’ve had even regular buyers take advantage of this “bug” by ordering 10-20 reports with the gig’s default 3 day delivery knowing they will get a 3-day delivery for all at once, which is almost impossible.

I don’t know if this is a “bug” since it’s been like this since forever, or if it’s an intentional design, but either way it’s a definite problem maker :frowning:

Not to mention the problems it poses when the buyer also orders Extra addons - some buyers order 10 items of your basic gig, then add a single Extra addon and they expect you to give that Extra for all 10 items, even though they ordered just 1 item of the Extra - the result: misunderstandings, potential threats due to buyers thinking we are robbing them, cancellations, etc.

All in all, the “multiple items” feature really needs some fixing because of the above 2 problems!

I agree, especially this part: " Not to mention the problems it poses when the buyer also orders Extra addons - some buyers order 10 items of your basic gig, then add a single Extra addon and they expect you to give that Extra for all 10 items, even though they ordered just 1 item of the Extra - the result: misunderstandings, potential threats due to buyers thinking we are robbing them, cancellations, etc."

It was explained to me that if it was ten different buyers who placed a single order for three days (using your example), then they all would individually expect it in three days. However, given Fiverr’s design structure, once we realized that two orders came in like that, we’d adjust our delivery times to suit. So it really needs some work.

Is this what Fiverr told you? Because there’s a big difference between the cases. If someone ordered 1 gig I can immediately adjust my delivery time in the next orders. But when someone orders gig*20 times in 3 days, there’s nothing I could do and there’s no way I can deliver the order.

The information didn’t come from Fiverr, it came from other forum members who tried to explain it and it seemed to be the most logical explanation but like I mentioned above and as you reiterated " If someone ordered 1 gig I can immediately adjust my delivery time in the next orders"

And a simple message to your buyer asking for more delivery time would hopefully clear it up.

If a buyer orders 20 items of my gig with the default 3 day delivery, and I request an extension of 3 more days, there’s a 90% chance they will refuse and/or get mad, because after all they ordered a gig that states 3 days even with multiples, so they paid for that timeframe as well. Which is why things have to change regarding multiple items, because there are too many paths to confusions and problems :frowning:

I agree with you but I have found that by “resolving” the order, most people understand. If they don’t, then just cancel them.

I highly doubt you would for that large of an order :wink:

@Woofy31 I agree!