Grr. I’ve just had one of the worst experiences I think anyone could have had on Fiverr, with Customer Support. And, this will be long.
It all began about two months ago (yes, that long ago!) when I got an order, delivered it successfully, and then the buyer decided to change the requirements. So, I tell them I won’t be doing it without additional fees, so they decided to dispute. Ten minutes later, CS swoops in and cancel the order.
I dispute against them, as I see no reason. I tell them plainly, that I stuck to the original requirements, and that the buyer changed them halfway through.
They tell me that I am “misunderstanding everything” and it is down to my misuse of the platform that the order got cancelled.
I come back and say - basically, what? I believe the order was cancelled by mistake, can you tell me why it was cancelled?
They say it was due to me not delivering to the requirements, and remember: I don’t decide what the buyer wants.
Then, there is about a month of waffling from them. I refused to drop the case, not because it matters that much to me anymore, but I believe in fighting for what you believe in. And I believe in justice, whether it comes sooner or later.
The next 2-3 weeks were filled with “I’m not looking into it anymore” from them, and refusing to believe that maybe they actually made a mistake. (hoh! shocker)
They refused to help me, told downright lies, were rude and disrespectful, told me I wasn’t worthy of being a seller. They kept shutting my tickets down, so I opened new ones.
Eventually, they realised that I had a point, saying that they should help me. So, they decide to investigate. And guess what they conclude: The order was cancelled by mistake, meaning I was right all along. Ha.
Feeling half frustrated, half relieved, I asked them to take three pieces of action, that I believe are fair.
- Compensate me for the order. It was only $8, so it didn’t matter that much, but I figured it was the least they could do.
- Fix my statistics. The order didn’t contribute to my completed orders which value my eligibility for seller status, and they aren’t included in my order cancellation rate (which is based on 60 days, which have already been wasted with this case).
- Investigate all the other reps who told me I was wrong, told lies, and just gave me a hard time for two months. I think that is fair, considering in the end, they were wrong and I was right.
Then, they come back and say
- Sure, we’ll compensate you. And so, they did.
- No, we can’t do that, I’m afraid.
So, feeling a bit hurt, I tell them.
- WHY??? If a seller makes a mistake on an order, you would expect them to rectify it through revisions. I find this shocking, Now, I have to suffer for their mistakes, and they refuse to put it right. It’s impacting me. If they fixed this for me, I would be a Level One seller, but they refuse. Honestly, I can easily do it in another order, but I find it shocking that they refuse to correct their mistakes.
- Well, fine but slightly annoying.
Was I in the wrong at any time? Because I find this appalling. They refuse to rectify their mistakes, and I have to be impacted by it.