When did you join fiverr? When did you receive your first order?

lilacpunch

I’m relatively new to fiverr. I joined February 2nd of this year.
For my first order, It came in March, however the buyer never filled out requirements. Not even to this day. 😝
The first time I had an order that was completed was the beginning of June, so it took about 4 months for me.
So then my fiverr journey began and ever since then, I’ve been getting orders in. 🙂

I joined Fiverr over three years ago. I’ve completed a few thousand orders since then, but, if I remember correctly, my first order came rather quickly – probably within the first week.

Everyone’s Fiverr experience is different. Try not to compare your success to the individual successes of everyone else. Doing so is not going to help YOU be a better seller. Focus on what you do best, and build YOUR unique success as you grow and improve.

I joined on March 2010 when Fiverr was looking like a children’s playground :crazy_face: It was still in BETA stages, and I was lucky to get my first order within a few days, especially since there were a few doing what I do and the demand was out there ready to be dealt with.

After over 7 years, I can already see myself in the far feature as a grumpy old man trying to find the delivery button through his eyeglasses 😃

I joined Fiverr on June 2017. Then I received my first order on July. I can’t remember when exactly on July. All I know is that it took me more than a month to receive that order. 😅 Yes, I was very sad when it took a long time for me to get a sale.

But I keep moving forward by submitting custom offers in the Buyers Request. I think another reason why it took a long time for me to get a sale is because I didn’t apply everything that I learned in the Fiverr Academy. :rofl:

I joined on March 2010 when Fiverr was looking like a children’s playground :crazy_face: It was still in BETA stages, and I was lucky to get my first order within a few days, especially since there were a few doing what I do and the demand was out there ready to be dealt with.

After over 7 years, I can already see myself in the far feature as a grumpy old man trying to find the delivery button through his eyeglasses 😃

Wow you got in when it was new! I came here in December 2012 and remember it was just a list of gigs. And I could get the guy in customer service, Mark, to temporarily set my gigs in a better position just by asking him to sometimes!

I joined in May 2016. Created gigs, gig images, wrote descriptions and waited (did not know about the Academy or Forum). Came to know about the Forum and buyer requests in July.

Got my 1st order on July 5, 2016 (2 months after creating the account and being active on Fiverr).

On 8/12/2017 at 1:24 AM, misscrystal said:

could get the guy in customer service, Mark, to temporarily set my gigs in a better position just by asking him to sometimes!

Exactly 😁 When the orders got low, I simply asked CS what’s wrong and they were all like “All seems fine, but I’ve moved your gig to the top so we can see if it puts you back on track” 😃 And BAM, orders started coming in!

Wow you got in when it was new! I came here in December 2012 and remember it was just a list of gigs. And I could get the guy in customer service, Mark, to temporarily set my gigs in a better position just by asking him to sometimes!

I remember this so vividly in 2013. I would joke back and forth with CS. I also remember the conventional idea being that more than two gigs had a negative effect.

could get the guy in customer service, Mark, to temporarily set my gigs in a better position just by asking him to sometimes!

Exactly 😁 When the orders got low, I simply asked CS what’s wrong and they were all like “All seems fine, but I’ve moved your gig to the top so we can see if it puts you back on track” 😃 And BAM, orders started coming in!

Can I still do thus now?

That was soo good for seller’s morale, to have that kind of help when we needed it.

There were a few times when they did that just for an hour or two and I would get ten big orders all at once then they would shut it off again.

On 8/12/2017 at 5:08 AM, misscrystal said:

That was soo good for seller’s morale, to have that kind of help when we needed it.

There were a few times when they did that just for an hour or two and I would get ten big orders all at once then they would shut it off again.

So true! It helped me several times when I had no more sales, and as soon as the sales started coming I was back on track. So even that short boost made wonders!

So true! It helped me several times when I had no more sales, and as soon as the sales started coming I was back on track. So even that short boost made wonders!

They saw sellers as people they wanted to help rather than the enemy who tries to hack the search algorithm and trick the system. When we made changes to our gigs it would give them a small boost in the rankings instead of making them disappear.

It has a different feel now, as if sellers are viewed with a different kind of lens.

Changes to our gigs are automatically viewed with such suspicion that each time it happens the gig has to be manually checked, for what I’m not sure.

I joined Fiverr over three years ago. I’ve completed a few thousand orders since then, but, if I remember correctly, my first order came rather quickly – probably within the first week.

Everyone’s Fiverr experience is different. Try not to compare your success to the individual successes of everyone else. Doing so is not going to help YOU be a better seller. Focus on what you do best, and build YOUR unique success as you grow and improve.

I agree! I know some poeple get orders immediately while it takes awhile for others, which i’d consider it did for me but I’m proud of where I’m at now.

Fiverr is encouraging me to grow and get out of my comfort zone.

Archived