Fiverr Forum

When did you stop caring about a 5-star?

I don’t think myself a senior but anways…
After my overall rating dropped below 5 stars and again increased to 5 stars 2-3 times I cared less for the ratings I receive and started concentrating just on my work quality. :slight_smile:

The main motive behind this question is that despite providing some extras for free. Some buyers treat sellers badly. If you read between the lines, my question is How long will you suffered for a 5-star?
Some sellers want everything at $5 because it is 5rr after all.

Some buyers are bad people, some sellers are bad people, BUT, thankfully the majority of Fiverr users are nice people who aren’t out to scam or be scammed.

Treat everybody the way you’d like to be treated, and let CS deal with the baddies - don’t get stressed about it - life’s too short!

I have received just 1 review 3.5 star and I still remember that day. I was so upset. But then its life. I realized its really really hard to maintain 5 stars. As offlinehelpers said, some people are good some are bad, and you cant do anything about them. So do your best and dont bother about the rest.
By the way I am not a senior. :stuck_out_tongue:

I try to follow the same but what really hurt me here is I went step ahead to ensure high quality error free video to him but he kept on making “mistakes” with his script and then rated me less for “service as described”.
The funny part was how he changed his color after realizing that he will, finally, have to pay extra for his blunders.

He changed his company name thrice. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sometimes buyers here are new and not sure about what they want, I am using fiverr since 2012 i am not a Great seller here but i know much about buyers because i was a buyer before, Some people are so confused infact i will never forget the sale where i gave 30+ revisions for a guy each one with a new concept (Logo) that too for $5, I went beyond 5 stars i just wanted to make him happy because he was criticising my abilities in very mannerd way, So i thought i can do it and i eventually got 5 stars, Order completed 5 days after. But if you have bad case of confused buyer you shouldn’t continue working for him, Its easy to point out confused one, He keeps changing his thoughts by saying “Can we try something else? or some other thing?”

I’m not a senior. I’m new to fiverr (very new, in fact). So, yeah, I still care a lot about my 5-star rating. Once had a repeat buyer give me a 4.7-star rating (fat fingers, maybe), but I didn’t bother to ask for a change. He has always given me 5 stars before and after that. Meanwhile, my rating is still 100%.

So, as much as I care about it for the progress of my business, I trust the quality of my work enough to not worry about it too much. I’ve only been really scared about an average rating once in my close to 50 orders now. Maybe, just maybe all that would change when I become a senior? I’ll see…

Don’t care about rating, just focus my best work. Good work always deserve 5 star.

I just bite their head off these days with a spicy imgur review that demonstrates why I’m right and they’re wrong.

It’s fun, because one day someone will want to retaliate with a new bad review, and they’ll need my permission! Plus I’ll be able to cherrypick some fun parts of TOS and be a regular lemon about it.

I care about getting 5-stars still.

I used to think it would be useful for reviews to indicate size through cost. I’ve changed my mind though. I don’t think I would get as much initial contact if potential buyers saw the usual gig costs as most are more than $5. Most buyers I get are people who appreciate the extra mile I go in understanding their requirements to make sure they get what they need. After the initial contact buyers are usually happy (or they tolerate) paying a little extra. But I need that initial contact to convert to sales.

But I do get what you mean in terms of some kind of ‘weighting’ system.

I just started with fiverr. How to catch 5 stars? Or better i want to how get buyer who can add some stars??

Please send this to the right category. Or better still, check out all the numerous posts on this topic in the forum.

Yes @offlinehelpers, there are good buyers also there are bad buyers. I realized that it’s so hard to maintain 5 Star rating in the long run with these bad buyers. I remember once I received a 4.5 review & buyer mentioned that he really liked the work I did & that’s exactly what he wanted. I was very upset & I asked him if he satisfied then why its just 4.5, then he said he doesn’t give 5 stars to anyone. At that time I understood that even we provide more than 100%, there will be at least one buyer who will give us a less than 5 star rating. We can’t please everyone. Now I do my best & forget the rest. :slight_smile:

As sellers we should always care about our rating because that is the social proof that new buyers see and consider before contacting or ordering from us. Having said that though, I think we should focus on delivering quality product and service instead of worrying about the rating we receive simply because after delivery, buyers are in control and their ratings are subjective and relative to their experience.

Happy Sunday, everyone :slight_smile:

Anyway To Remove Negative Feedback?

I care about my reviews and always will.

To me reviews are important on Fiverr and if I don’t get a positive review I always like to find out why and if possible go the extra mile to satisfy my customer.

I believe everyone on Fiverr should be able to have a great experience.

This is my opinion though, If the buyer is negative and giving you a hard time then that is different then.

Matteo :slight_smile:

I never stopped caring about a 5-star review, I always deliver the top notch quality ( if the end product I am producing is not looking good because of the buyer submitted information, I cancel the order or look for solution)

If i receive less than 5 stars review I contact the buyer to see what is the problem, but almost all of the 4.7 or 4.3 stars review are done by mistake and the buyers are changing them.

I had a situation where the buyer changed the original brief 100% and tried to manipulate with the review so he can get another video for free, canceled the order right away.

@freedomrun1 Nice ClickBait -_-

@matteo_7355 If a buyer tries to use a review as a tool then I don’t care about him. I don’t even know him after the delivery. Did he die?!?!

@videolabs I analyze each and every script before taking any work. If I feel it out of my area, I don’t even take it.

Sorry, I never went to a school. I didn’t know we call these 3-stars. Thank you for insight.

Reviews and mutual cancellations are not suppose to hurt your gig rankings. But it never fails that after I had a mutual cancellation, my orders and messages slow down. As far as Reviews, too many bad ones may prompt a red flag for CS to keep a watch on your gigs. Fiverr has put a little more emphasis on buyer feedback. Even after a mutual cancellation, the buyer gets to provide feedback. The mutual cancellation feedback from the buyer does not show up on your profile, but Fiverr gets to see it.