Fiverr Forum

When do sellers accept payments?

Okay, I am very new to Fiverr and on my second day, I actually made a sale! I plan to expand my services and to post a video of myself describing what I do. Hopefully that will land more sales.

My one question is, when others e-mail me and are interested in my services, what do I do if they don’t order from me, but yet the still want me to provide them with a service. I mean, do I send them a sample of my service before they open an order? I am not 100% how it works. I don’t want them to think I’m going to scam them and not come through with their service and just take their money, but I also don’t want to spend time providing them with a service for them NOT to pay me. Help please!

I’ve had a few people message me saying ‘hey, I want a reading on X’ without having placed an order. I just send a cheerful note back saying I’ll get started as soon as they hit the orange ‘order’ button. That sorts the genuine ones who just couldn’t find the order button or weren’t sure what to do from the ones trying to get a freebie. :slight_smile:

Thank you, anaspiechick. That helps!