When proposed gig title "contains illegal values", please tell us what the illegal values are

It seems like more often than not, when I’m trying to set up a new gig or edit an existing gig, I get the “Title contains illegal values” error when trying to save my gig, and yet, there’s no feedback–no specific warning about which value(s) is/are illegal. So, I end up wasting a whole bunch of time trying to edit the title, until I finally get it right, maybe 10 or 20 minutes later. It is annoying. In fact, I just got one of my gigs I was trying to edit, flagged for pending review, most likely due to this. So, can this be implemented? If there’s an illegal value in our titles, please just let us know what it is, so we can immediately correct it, instead of playing guessing games. Or, provide a list of values never allowed in a gig title–I’ve not seen such a list published anywhere. Thanks for listening!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @madmoo: Yeah, I’m hating it too, haha. Well, once my gig gets out of “pending review” status, I’ll try to revise the gig title to what I originally wanted, making sure to not use parentheses. However, I still would like to see a master list of words/punctuation not allowed in titles, or specific feedback when we get that illegal characters warning.

Reply to @madmoo: Yeah, I’m hating it too, haha. Well, once my gig gets out of “pending review” status, I’ll try to revise the gig title to what I originally wanted, making sure to not use parentheses. However, I still would like to see a master list of words/punctuation not allowed in titles, or specific feedback when we get that illegal characters warning.

Guest tn5rr2012

I know that it happened to me in the begiining and it was because of grammatical notations like " quotes ’ apostrophes - hyphens and & symbols

Guest tn5rr2012

I know that it happened to me in the begiining and it was because of grammatical notations like " quotes ’ apostrophes - hyphens and & symbols

Guest tn5rr2012

Guest tn5rr2012

Archived