Fiverr Forum

When proposed gig title "contains illegal values", please tell us what the illegal values are

Reply to @madmoo: That is a good point that I noticed. Worst case scenario, I may just delete my gig (it only has 1 feedback so far, so it wouldn’t be any huge loss), and repost it with the title and URL I want. But so far, I’m not that bothered by my URL not being changed.

I know that it happened to me in the begiining and it was because of grammatical notations like " quotes ’ apostrophes - hyphens and & symbols

Reply to @madmoo: Haha, thanks for noticing! Yeah, I’ve always been a stickler for proper grammar and spelling :slight_smile:

Reply to @tn5rr2012: Thanks. Yeah, that’s what I’m noticing, and what madmoo commented. And I guess my reply to madmoo got placed under your comment somehow :frowning:

ITs all good as long as your quandry was answered that is all that counts

I am aware of the capitalization limits, as that results in a helpful error, “There can only be one capitalized word”, or something like that. Punctuation, however, I was not aware of. I was trying to use parentheses in my title–maybe that was the problem?

• . / :smiley:

Reply to @madmoo: Yeah, I’m hating it too, haha. Well, once my gig gets out of “pending review” status, I’ll try to revise the gig title to what I originally wanted, making sure to not use parentheses. However, I still would like to see a master list of words/punctuation not allowed in titles, or specific feedback when we get that illegal characters warning.

Reply to @madmoo: That is a good point that I noticed. Worst case scenario, I may just delete my gig (it only has 1 feedback so far, so it wouldn’t be any huge loss), and repost it with the title and URL I want. But so far, I’m not that bothered by my URL not being changed.

I know that it happened to me in the begiining and it was because of grammatical notations like " quotes ’ apostrophes - hyphens and & symbols

Reply to @madmoo: Haha, thanks for noticing! Yeah, I’ve always been a stickler for proper grammar and spelling :slight_smile:

Reply to @tn5rr2012: Thanks. Yeah, that’s what I’m noticing, and what madmoo commented. And I guess my reply to madmoo got placed under your comment somehow :frowning:

ITs all good as long as your quandry was answered that is all that counts

I am aware of the capitalization limits, as that results in a helpful error, “There can only be one capitalized word”, or something like that. Punctuation, however, I was not aware of. I was trying to use parentheses in my title–maybe that was the problem?

• . / :smiley:

Reply to @madmoo: Yeah, I’m hating it too, haha. Well, once my gig gets out of “pending review” status, I’ll try to revise the gig title to what I originally wanted, making sure to not use parentheses. However, I still would like to see a master list of words/punctuation not allowed in titles, or specific feedback when we get that illegal characters warning.