When The Buyers Website Application You Decide To Use, Has a Trojan

Hey guys,

I have a customer, and I won’t say their name, that I am making a promotional video for. I decided to check out their website and actually download their application so I can use it in the promotional video. Yeah, stupid of me to not do research on the website right? Well, turns out there was a Trojan on that Application. D: . Good thing I have Webroot!

How do I handle this, do I continue with the order, do I cancel the order? I mean, jeez. I say for the money it may be worth it. But ethics wise, it seems wrong if they are putting virus on peoples computers. Anyways, what do you guys think?

• Continue with the order
  • Cancel the order and explain why

0 voters

Continue with the order but warn people in the form of anonymous reviews that the company is run a bunch of scam artists.

Well, am I allowed to post the website link here? I will wait for a mod or admin I guess? lol

The thing is, if they are “scam artists”, what if they try to scam me and leave me with a bad review or ask for their money back?

If there is something as such then they would not only scam you for a refund once after you deliver the order and also other people who fall for their scam with your promotional video.

Exactly. Not worth my time or the money.

No, please don’t post any links to that website. Thank you.

I figured. lol :smiley:

Yes of course! Don’t be a party to that.