When the selling suddenly stops as a new seller. Is it luck of the draw? Or something else?

coconnor

I’ve been on fiverr for 10 days now. After my short stay here, I already see how breaking into a level one seller position can be difficult yet it still seems attainable! I feel lucky to have had a few sales, but I’m looking for consistency.

Have you all noticed trends in your sales as a new salesperson? I offer a deal, but people don’t seem to take notice.

As far as steps to get noticed; I’ve promoted my website, tried to give it a clean, yet unique perspective, and reached out to buyer requests. People seem to be viewing my page at a slow and steady amount, however, the buyers aren’t “rolling in.” I had three sales in a day and then the sales suddenly stopped. Is that luck of the draw or getting lost on the website?

Thoughts? Tips? Anyone else feel the same?

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

-Collin

I am also new here, but not new to the online world where inconsistancy is consant lol. Just something to get used to. If you have made a sale or two in the firs few days, that is a good sign you are doing something right! 🙂 Keep on a goin man its al good!

Hi Collin,

I’ve been on Fiverr for around 6 months and have seen a few peaks and dips in that time. As another member mentioned I think the best tactic is to persevere. You may have noticed a peak over the first week or so as your gigs will be listed in the ‘new’ section on the search results page. As your gig ages a bit you will shift down these rankings. Not much you can do about this, but just keep going and focus on making sure people buy your gig; I would suggest making sure your gig really stands out and you show customers why what you offer is better than anyone else. Highlight your selling points alongside any offers.

Ben

Reply to @bccmedia: Thanks @bccmedia. This is really helpful. I wasn’t sure If I was dropping off the grid or not, but I’ll definitely hang in there. I’ll make a few edits to my gig too, and see if that helps!

I love the positivity that this thread has brought with it.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone! Good luck to you!

-Coconnor

Hello Colin, for nearly one year working on fiverr. I think you should throw in more keywords so it will be easier for buyers to find you. Anyway you can try creating two or three more gigs with the same thing. One of the gigs must succeed, I have tried it in the past and still works. If that still doesn’t work try opening facebook, youtube and twitter fan page where you’ll offer your gigs. 🙂

It does take time. There are many voice over artists. I would just recommend that you really look over the top rated sellers in your category to see any subtle details they use in their gig write ups, profiles and videos.

Did you really do those commercials that are in your video? You’ve got the talent, however it’s also possible that there isn’t that same need here on Fiverr to have commercials recorded. Think what a small business might want and maybe create another gig offering voice over but targeted to something more specific. A different kind of script other than a regular radio commercial, which I don’t think most small biz owners are looking necessarily for. But do you also do voice overs for whiteboard videos? Maybe one gig could be “I will make you a voice over for your whiteboard video”. Or “I will do voice over for your business sales video”…things along that line. I agree, having 2-3 gigs may be better than just one, but put a marketing spin on them, don’t just disguise it as a fake “same” gig if you will, and change the word around or something. Come up with a different focus for each one. then create a different video for each one that has a different script. That’s why look at other sellers for ideas and inspiration.

Now on another note, those samples in your video, did you actually also do the audio production for those commercials? Or was it done by someone else and is just now part of your reel.

Guest evpassino

Once you crack level 1 you’ll see a boost, and then again when you hit level 2. The main things I did to get over that hump included super fast turnaround (almost all my gigs were 1-day turnaround with no added cost) and checking the buyer requests at least twice a day. I also scoped out the competition so I could offer more than them per gig. As my orders started increasing I steadily dialed back the amount of work I was willing to do for $5.

The other thing I did was experiment with different gigs, many of which were inspired by the buyer requests. For me, that meant doing transcription and virtual assistance, even though what I really wanted to do was copy editing and Excel work. For someone reason there are lots of people looking for VAs on Fiverr, so I basically used those orders as a stepping stone because they pumped up my stats. Now I don’t do either transcription or VA work and I have a steady stream of the stuff I like doing. I had to whore myself out for a little while, but it was worth it.

Reply to @sincere18: That was all me as far as recording and editing. I have a home studio. I added the royalty free music into the background as well. I’ve noticed some people have added demos without music. I’ve even had requests to hear my demo dry so that wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Thanks for reaching out to me. I appreciate it.

-Coconnor

Reply to @coconnor: yes, that is why it helps to maybe have 2-3 gigs, so you can focus them on different things, one with a demo without music, etc., etc., and play on the different marketing angles.

The requests you got to hear dry demos without music, did they say anything about what kind of project they were working on that they needed a voiceover done? Look for marketing clues in your requests from buyers and create some gigs around those.

Definitely offer more up front.

Super fast turnaround is one great idea, and put it in your gig title. Such as, “I will ____ in 24 hours,” or whatever timeline you can handle.

Also, offer to do more than top sellers in your category do–for now.

Both of these things will get you noticed.

(I started with 24 hour turnaround and double the word count I currently offer–now I’m at a 7 day deadline and 1/2 the word count for my editing gig).

Share on every social media account you have too, probably once a week. I do that and even though I don’t get many of my friends to buy (a few, not many), I think fiverr loves the sellers who share often. Which reminds me I should go do that now…

Good luck!

I’m also a voiceover artist and the first month was the hardest, getting those first orders is really difficult. I started with a few different gigs and the one I least expected to go well, actually took off, so I ended up taking the others off and concentrating on just one. It was a good exercise to see what keywords worked best, what video worked best, what image worked best etc

Also, take care of your gig titles if you do more than one gig, I think my first gig was 1 minute voiceover for whiteboard animations or something like that, but the 1 minute thing stayed in the URL for the gig, so once I got some ratings up, I couldn’t just change that title to 100 words or it may have confused customer expectations.

I went down the path of big extras in the beginning to kick things off to try and stand out a little from the competition - free 24 hour delivery, 1 minute VO for $5 and as I got more ratings, scaled it back bit by bit to where I needed it to be. Those first 10 or 20 orders probably had me working at just a few dollars an hour, but I didn’t view those ones as income, more a marketing exercise to get my gig off the ground. Now I have ratings behind me and can charge more appropriately and get orders at that rate, it is a more viable thing for me.

Three months in and I now have my gig at 50 words and currently a 6 day delivery due to how many large custom orders I have in my queue, so you will get there, you just need to be patient in the beginning and really go the extra mile for your customers.

Sometimes I could go 2 or 3 days with no orders, then 3 orders in one day. Even now it is not totally consistent day to day (quieter on the weekends), I can get 1 order 1 day then 8 or 10 orders the next day, so don’t stress too much about the number of orders at this stage, it is super early days and there is a LOT of competition in the VO category 🙂

Also check the buyers requests daily, that certainly can help.

Guest evpassino

Reply to @fahadsaeed_20: Check out your competition so you know where the bar is, then raise it. Offer more per gig, faster turnaround, etc. As a new seller, you can get lost in a sea of sellers who do exactly what you do. In order to get attention you have to convince buyers you’re worth taking a chance on.

• 2 months later...

Archived