Fiverr Community Forum

Where have all my friendly, cooporative buyers gone?

Are they all in hibernation during quarantine?

This week I’ve had 4 cancellations back-to-back, completely wrecking my stats. I’ve had 2 buyers insult my voice, a buyer accuse me of trying to rip him off (it was $55 for a radio ad… agency voice actors charge triple that), and maybe 6 or 7 total buyers order expedited delivery, then send me a message while I’m sleeping saying “I’ve changed the script” and then ghost me for the next 12 hours so I can’t complete the work on time.

WHAT IS HAPPENING

Also, I think we’re having the sunniest spring on record where I live. Great time to be stuck indoors.

Did I mention I’m a crybaby?

Anybody else having a bad, bad time?

7 Likes

You are not alone! I have also had cancellations and lost my level 1 seller badge and this was due to a stupid consumer who made a mistake on his side for third party use. AND later treated me like crap, which I think is highly unprofessional. My suggestion is to look at consumers with a good review

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that! I’ve had a couple particularly mean clients this week as well :frowning:

For my gigs, it’s really not possible for me to pick and choose who I work with. One of the cancellations I had this week was from a long-standing client who has always been great to work with.

But 50% of my orders are from new clients with no reviews, and they order manually without contacting me first, so no way to screen 'em.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about what you’ve been going through…on the one hand I’m envious of how many orders you have and WISH I was in your position…but being treated like crap is never fun. I’m new here…but was wondering since most of your buyers are new can you have a note on your description asking them to contact you before purchasing? I have written that on a few of my gigs.

1 Like

I’m lucky and I do realize that. I’m supporting myself and my husband at this time who has just been denied unemlployment benefits (he is between work contracts) so I’m definitely grateful to be busy.

I wouldn’t really consider doing this just because I receive so many orders each day, mostly by clients in different time-zones and often by clients who need urgent delivery, so going back in forth in the inbox just to draw up a contract every time would be counter-intuitive for me. In a typical month, I only have 1 really sour experience with a buyer. I’ve just been particularly unlucky this week for some reason :nerd_face:

2 Likes

this too shall pass… Congrats on the success and sorry about your husband’s situation

2 Likes

Yes, one of my regular buyers sent me feedback that one of my articles was depressing. But the article was on Covid-19! It would be disrespectful for me to have made it humorous. Anyway, I delivered the last of his order. It’s up to him whether he’ll order again.

3 Likes

I think they are. I have some buyers who are offline for a week or even a month, not a single order for a month, only cheapskates trying to get big projects for 5 bucks. Yeah, totally sucks, hope they will come out of hibernation soon, cheers.

1 Like