Fiverr Community Forum

Where is the play button on my gig video thumbnail?

I submitted a video for my gig and it appears it’s been approved. The problem is when I search for my gig, the the play button doesn’t appear on my gig thumbnail. Is there a reason for this?

1 Like

When You hover over mouse cursor on the gig’s thumbnail, look on the top right corner of the thumbnail,there you will see a play button will appear.
click on that button and thats it

1 Like

@mehedialhasan97 The problem is when I search for my gig and find it among many others, I do not see the little play button in the upper right corner of my gig thumbnail. It is showing on others but not on mine.

Here is the link to the page: https://www.fiverr.com/search/gigs?utf8=✓&source=top-bar&locale=en&search_in=everywhere&query=american%20male%20voice%20over&search-autocomplete-original-term=american%20male%20voice%20over&offset=0&page=7&filter=auto

1 Like

May be the problem is You only upload audio with Image. video is collect tons of images it’s called Video so Try make video by Phone And Upload. I think you will find your solution.

1 Like

@dev_sal Well, I did create an actual video. It is an mp4 file and I uploaded it and Fiverr approved it. I used a single image with my video, which I have seen many others do successfully. The video will play after you click on my thumbnail and then click on the play button but I want the play button to appear on my thumbnail so you can listen without having to leave the search page and do an extra click.

1 Like

May be the problem is You only upload audio with Image. video is collect tons of images it’s called Video so Try make video by Phone And Upload. I think you will find your solution.

Even if he uploaded the audio with an image then it is a video and there should be a play button.

1 Like

I think so Put Play Icon in your video’s Image.

1 Like

Have you try it?:necktie::necktie::necktie::necktie:

1 Like

@dev_sal No, because then it would be just an image and not an actual link, yes? Just as the play button )which I did not put in the video) appears once you click on my thumbnail, the little play button in the upper right corner of my thumbnail should appear in the search results. I notice some (most?) have this and some don’t, but it is clearly an advantage to a seller if you can make it easier for a buyer to click on your thumbnail without having to leave the search results page. I honestly don’t think the play button is something you create yourself unless someone can tell me otherwise.

2 Likes

No but even if you upload an audio, you will get a play button.

1 Like

@michaelkilliany @pixelano As I searched on fiverr every in very video have motion not only image. I think fiverr verify the video after uploading Is this motion video or Only Image. So Please make motion video then try. Like this here

1 Like

I think that is not the case, even if you have a single image with audio then it will be treated as a video.

1 Like

I never pointing you but I think is the case If you do like this So try you upload image video and then motion video after that inform us. we will appreciate you.

1 Like

@dev_sal No, it does not have to be a motion video. Here is just one example: https://www.fiverr.com/bentleymichaels/record-a-200-word-american-male-voice-over?context_referrer=search_gigs&context_type=auto&pckg_id=1&pos=31&ref_ctx_id=02130329-c172-4dc9-af11-93a14c4443d6&funnel=698d0a97-60c0-4ef1-b24d-0df07481e937

2 Likes

You can find Bentley Michaels’ gig thumbnail on this page where you can see the play button is displayed. https://www.fiverr.com/search/gigs?utf8=✓&source=top-bar&locale=en&search_in=everywhere&query=american%20male%20voice%20over&search-autocomplete-original-term=american%20male%20voice%20over&offset=0&page=7&filter=auto

1 Like

@dev_sal If you look randomly you’ll find numerous examples of single image (no motion) videos that have a play button on the gig thumbnail on the search page. That’s why I don’t understand why mine doesn’t have one.

1 Like

You made me confused. I’m even finding your solution.

1 Like

@dev_sal Sorry, I do appreciate you trying to help me. Thank you. I just don’t understand why some gig thumbnails show the video play button in the search results and some (like mine) do not. I don’t see anything in the settings.

2 Likes

Have you read this.

And try delete your video and again Upload.

1 Like

@dev_sal No, I had not read that before but my video evidently does meet the requirements otherwise Fiverr would not have approved it. They have denied it in the past. Like I said it plays without a problem after clicking on my thumbnail which takes you to my gig page where you then have to click the play button. I guess I’ll try deleting and then uploading again if that’s my only option.

1 Like