Fiverr Community Forum

Where should I host my website in order to show buyer "I can do web development "?

Hello community members,

I am new to fiverr. I am a front end developer.

Where should I host my website in order to show buyer "I can do web development " ?

1 Like

You’ve got loads of options.

I’d personally go for a cloud server over a hosting account, you need to know more and be able to do more to get them setup, command line stuff etc, but the power, control and flexibility you get will spank bog standard ‘hosting’.

I’d say Digital Ocean, DM me if you want a link for $100 free credit, they’re ace for cloud servers. Three months / $100 whichever expires first, affiliated, if you then sign up with my link I get $25 on my account - and they’ll give you the same deal so you can get paid for referring clients to them, I didn’t have to pay for servers for a decent chuck of last year.

There’s also AWS and Rackspace Cloud. Used to be a Rackspace dedicated hardware client, that shizzle was damn expensive. Credit to them, our main server was costing us over £1,000 a month, our account manager rang up to ‘DOWNSELL’ us to the Cloud, they saved us two thirds of the monthly bill - never known a company downsell a client before, and for that, along with their customer support, which is best of class, I can whole heartedly say Rackspace are excellent.

Another option would be to have a tunnel going into your localhost dev setup, then use NGROK links to allow the outside world to access your dev zone.

I really like the NGROK option, it opens up your dev machine to the outside world, works for zero cost and be upgraded to static addresses, DNS masks etc…

1 Like

@voiceoverandy

The problem is that. custom website will not be in the list below. digital ocean is great service. But my most of websites are front end websites only. I use netlify. But netlify is not in list below,

Fiverr.com

Fiverr Help and Education Center

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

What URLs can I use in my profile or Gig description?
The following URLs may be used in your profile or Gig description:

• blah
  • blah
    Note: If you use a URL in your Gig, which is not in the above list, your Gig may be denied. Repetitive violations may also cause an account to be restricted.

That relates to gigs and profiles, where does it say this applies to private message conversations?

As long as your not trying to funnel folks off site to your own payment / ordering system which is a TOS breach, you should be fine to share any URL which benefits the buyer.

You can always say contact me for more portfolio links on the gig.

1 Like

@voiceoverandy Thanks :