Fiverr Forum

Where's my gig and my $$$$

I don’t get it, where can you actually get customer service? I paid and ordered a gig, the gigger said they couldn’t do it at the time then I get a message reading “yea, your gig is done”. NO my gig didn’t get done and my $5 is gone. [-X

http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

@soderberg

By making the word gig a proper noun by adding ‘ger’ to it, you have created a racially offensive euphemism: this is what ‘fragglesrock’ is referring to. Your post should be deleted b/c it’s offensive to many.

pearlsant said:
  • By making the word gig a proper noun by adding 'ger' to it, you have created a racially offensive term: this is what 'fragglesrock' is referring to. Your post should be deleted b/c it's offensive to many.

That's not a racially offensive term. :/ How silly is that censoring system 0_o

It rhymes with a racially offensive term. Right? I’ve never heard the “gig” version used in a negative way.

@ryangillam

If you are referring to the soderberg’s term: ‘g i g g e r’ , I beg to differ… Apparently, Fiverr agrees with me because they ‘fragglesrocked’ it. solderberg is using her/his term to refer to someone in a defamatory way. The well known word that rhymes with it, is highly offensive.

Full Definition:

: one that uses a gig; specif : a textile worker who raises nap on cloth by running it through a gig —called also teaseler

EDIT: I found the negative version on Urban Dictionary. Not gonna repeat what I read.

Reply to @jtengle:

Read the solderberg post and see a precedent being set. Why do you suppose Fiverr censored the made up word?

Reply to @jtengle:

Don’t get cute with me. I don’t think racism is for word play or a laughing matter. Do not try me.

Reply to @pearlsant: I’m not getting cute. I had NEVER heard that used in a racist way so I looked it up. No part of the official definition refers to anything remotely offensive. It’s just a modern colloquialism.

jtengle said: I had NEVER heard that used in a racist way so I looked it up. No part of the official definition refers to anything remotely offensive. It's just a modern colloquialism

@jtengle

I am not interested in arguing with you any further about semantics or about what your knowledge is or is not on this matter. If someone makes a racist double entendre, it is better to err on the side of political sagacity (by challenging it*). If soderberg addresses my concerns and renders them null and void with her/his own words, I will apologize. Otherwise, no.

*edit

Reply to @pearlsant: There’s no argument here. If you’ll notice I edited my comment as soon as I found the Urban Dictionary definition.

Reply to @jtengle:

:expressionless:

Reply to @pearlsant: Um, yeah. I was agreeing with you.

PS

"g i g g e r" is a very odd phrasing…the term is usually “seller”

He did not even use the term in an offensive manner.

I have a client who has g i g g e r in his name. I thought it was a clever play on words. It has not be used with the intention of being offensive. Hell, before this post I did not even know that the word could be used in an offensive manner.

Reply to @ryangillam:

Unfortunately (or fortunately), I am not gifted with the ability to read other people’s minds. I am just left in the wake of their words… I am still waiting for a reply from the OP. Until he/she speaks their mind, I would say that the intended use of the term is questionable at best.

=======================

Edit:

ryangillam said: I have a client who has g i g g e r in his name.

Ironically, you must space the word, as I have been doing, to prevent the system from censoring it. I wonder why.

Reply to @kjblynx:

lol

@soderberg

Thought about contacting Customer Support? :-??