Whiteboard & Animated Explainers Update

mjensen415

We are excited to announce the re-launch of our popular category “Whiteboard & Animated Explainers" this week.

As a marketplace we want to empower our sellers and buyers to create and find the most relevant gigs for their individual needs. We felt giving “Whiteboard & Animated Explainers” a new structure is very needed for our huge audience.

What will change:

Buyers can now choose different types of highly demanded video types:

• 2D Animated Explainer
  • 3D Animated Explainer
  • Isometric Explainer
  • Whiteboard Explainer

Each explainer gig can feature either illustrative explainers (with objects and shapes or with characters), infographic or text animation (Kinetic Typography) based explainer video services.

To get the best traction we want to encourage all sellers to create their gigs for their expert styles and specific buyer needs.

For existing gigs please move your gigs to the relevant type and adapt to the new structure as soon as possible.

We are very excited about this new service and we hope so are you eLQg31GpFjHW3pNQIvUzxQ59RHrSAh3QCFrulq5OTVY2nR3a7WAHfmEOsu3SC2gcfstyCBYXbExHsyqngXkTZzoht8mg3VcM3lePHIxN00BgkDV0sj0_r3gZtliL68a-PlKn1Fcq.png.c3ff0ae4c43cc9eb7589882e2235d719.png.

Stay tuned for a webinar on the new structure and performance tipps & tricks in “Whiteboard & Animated Explainers” soon.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? leave them here!

I don’t see the “isometric explainer” option in the gig edit or in the in the service options search filter.
The service options has “2d animation, 3d animation, motion graphics, whiteboard, kinetic typography.”.

Also someone might want to use more than one type in the same explainer video (eg. some isometric parts in an explainer video that has 2d parts too as well as some live action clips). Though I suppose it could be put in the subcategory that it will be mostly used for - unless Fiverr wants to restrict it so you can’t use more than one type in the same video. Or maybe they might use both 2D and 3D elements in the video or it might be 2.5D (eg. flat objects in a 3D space).

We are excited to announce the re-launch of our popular category “Whiteboard & Animated Explainers" this week.

As a marketplace we want to empower our sellers and buyers to create and find the most relevant gigs for their individual needs. We felt giving “Whiteboard & Animated Explainers” a new structure is very needed for our huge audience.

What will change:

Buyers can now choose different types of highly demanded video types:

• 2D Animated Explainer
  • 3D Animated Explainer
  • Isometric Explainer
  • Whiteboard Explainer

Each explainer gig can feature either illustrative explainers (with objects and shapes or with characters), infographic or text animation (Kinetic Typography) based explainer video services.

To get the best traction we want to encourage all sellers to create their gigs for their expert styles and specific buyer needs.

For existing gigs please move your gigs to the relevant type and adapt to the new structure as soon as possible.

We are very excited about this new service and we hope so are you :slight_smile:.

Stay tuned for a webinar on the new structure and performance tipps & tricks in “Whiteboard & Animated Explainers” soon.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? leave them here!

Horrible news.

I had one GIG for explainer, kinetic, isometric 2D 3D whiteboard videos.

For existing gigs please move your gigs to the relevant type

How to achieve this?

I offer explainer video, and I can work in any style, using templates, programs, or manual from scratch.

I am not going to waste 6 GIGs for one service.

Fiverr needs so allow GIGs that offer multiple styles to appear in results of each category of the specific style.

Well, the additions seems great, but I also noticed something. The box where you could insert the word count is now missing. Why was that feature removed? It seems like a really bad idea. Now clients will buy a 3 minutes video and they will pay just for 30-60-90 sec, or whatever length you offer and that would end up in multiple canceled orders, which of course the seller will be penalized.

TBH seems like a dumb move.

Horrible news.

I had one GIG for explainer, kinetic, isometric 2D 3D whiteboard videos.

For existing gigs please move your gigs to the relevant type

How to achieve this?

I offer explainer video, and I can work in any style, using templates, programs, or manual from scratch.

I am not going to waste 6 GIGs for one service.

Fiverr needs so allow GIGs that offer multiple styles to appear in results of each category of the specific style.

Hi Marinapomerac,

we really aom for our sellers to show your expertise in your gigs and target those orders that will best fit your offering. Equally, we want buyers to easily find gigs that are relevant to their search and needs - in gig videos, images, deliveries your descriptions and matching packages.

By specifying gigs in dedicated categories we built a structure for this purpose.

Moreover the different video types often follow a different pricing logic which you can now find built in the respective categories.

Within each of the different Animation types (2D, 3D, Isometric and Whiteboard) you can of course decide to offer packages for different styles or customization levels (from template up to from scratch design) We added a pricing factor to indicate this Original Design for you too.

We hope this answer helps and the new structure will bring you relevant and interesting orders and more traction to your gigs.

All the best!

Well, the additions seems great, but I also noticed something. The box where you could insert the word count is now missing. Why was that feature removed? It seems like a really bad idea. Now clients will buy a 3 minutes video and they will pay just for 30-60-90 sec, or whatever length you offer and that would end up in multiple canceled orders, which of course the seller will be penalized.

TBH seems like a dumb move.

Hi ydrawing,

thanks for you feedback and taking the time to message.

We removed the word count as it collided with the duration - no matter which word count was entered by buyers the second count did not adapt accordingly. As such buyers could order 30 sec videos with 400 words.

We have found out that many buyers knowing the desired video length, usually don’t know a word count to begin with or about maximum words per minute.

Please do guide your buyers along your requirements in the onboarding phase of your orders also in this regard.

Of course, for your internal calculations you can continue to consider the maximum word count per package video length.

I hope this makes our decision clearer and will help building consistent packages for buyers and sellers.

All the best!

Hi Marinapomerac,

we really aom for our sellers to show your expertise in your gigs and target those orders that will best fit your offering. Equally, we want buyers to easily find gigs that are relevant to their search and needs - in gig videos, images, deliveries your descriptions and matching packages.

By specifying gigs in dedicated categories we built a structure for this purpose.

Moreover the different video types often follow a different pricing logic which you can now find built in the respective categories.

Within each of the different Animation types (2D, 3D, Isometric and Whiteboard) you can of course decide to offer packages for different styles or customization levels (from template up to from scratch design) We added a pricing factor to indicate this Original Design for you too.

We hope this answer helps and the new structure will bring you relevant and interesting orders and more traction to your gigs.

All the best!

@video_at_fvrr Thank you for your kind reply and I am aware this helps sellers only focusing on video animations and they will now spread their gigs all over new categories same as they do with logo (mini logo, business logo, this logo, that logo…).

For someone like me that have skills and certifications in multiple fields and a limit of 20 GIGs, this is not practical.

Plus the biggest and worst change is not even mentioned, there is no more contact seller button.

This will increase direct orders and therefore cancelations.

We need that buyers can see the mandatory requirements BEFORE making an order not after.

Look what happened to me yesterday:

image.png.f862fd20c56b3505d1a8e7364dd4df6f.png
image779×611 39.1 KB

The order was placed without contacting me at all, he bought all the extras that should increase the delivery time but because he also got rush delivery that canceled all the extra days.

And I did not receive half of what I need to start the order.

One buyer sent me the vector and EPS files in the inbox but for some reason, they are being deleted (attachments) only PNG and JPG remain. He did not attach them in mandatory and due to that, I had my first in 1-year late delivery since I did not have vector files.

@video_at_fvrr Thank you for your kind reply and I am aware this helps sellers only focusing on video animations and they will now spread their gigs all over new categories same as they do with logo (mini logo, business logo, this logo, that logo…).

For someone like me that have skills and certifications in multiple fields and a limit of 20 GIGs, this is not practical.

Plus the biggest and worst change is not even mentioned, there is no more contact seller button.

This will increase direct orders and therefore cancelations.

We need that buyers can see the mandatory requirements BEFORE making an order not after.

Look what happened to me yesterday:

The order was placed without contacting me at all, he bought all the extras that should increase the delivery time but because he also got rush delivery that canceled all the extra days.

And I did not receive half of what I need to start the order.

One buyer sent me the vector and EPS files in the inbox but for some reason, they are being deleted (attachments) only PNG and JPG remain. He did not attach them in mandatory and due to that, I had my first in 1-year late delivery since I did not have vector files.

Dear Marina,

thanks again for asking about the “Contact Seller Button” and I am glad you did and I can help clear this issue fo you and all readers.

In fact there was no change made on Fiverr side and this isn’t related to the re-structure.

You sellers can decide which button appears in your gig page.

In Whiteboard & Animated Explainers there are two different buttons that can appear in gig pages: “Contact” Seller" or “Get a Quote”

When you activate “Accept Custom Orders” in your seller page, in your gigs the “Get a Quote” appears instead of “Contact Seller” automatically.

By deactivating “Accept Custom Orders” the contact seller button will appear again.

But both buttons lead to communication between buyer and seller before the order. Through “Get a quote” buyers will be asked structured and relevant questions on their requests for the animated explainer and this information will be sent to the seller in a structured format. As opposed to an open message coming from the “Contact Seller button”.

I hope this helps.

Looking forward to seeing you in our Webinar:)

Dear Marina,

thanks again for asking about the “Contact Seller Button” and I am glad you did and I can help clear this issue fo you and all readers.

In fact there was no change made on Fiverr side and this isn’t related to the re-structure.

In Whiteboard & Animated Explainers there are two different buttons that can appear in gig pages: “Contact” Seller" or “Get a Quote”

When you activate “Accept Custom Orders” in your seller page, in your gigs the “Get a Quote” appears instead of “Contact Seller” automatically.

By deactivating “Accept Custom Orders” the contact seller button will appear again.

But both buttons lead to communication between buyer and seller before the order. Through “Get a quote” buyers will be asked structured and relevant questions on their requests for the animated explainer and this information will be sent to the seller in a structured format. As opposed to an open message coming from the “Contact Seller button”.

I hope this helps.

And this is GIG selective? I can activate/deactive this for each individual GIG?

And what will happen with my gig that has all animation styles, I have to pick one category and just be listed in that one style of animation category regardless of my services?

And this is GIG selective? I can activate/deactive this for each individual GIG?

And what will happen with my gig that has all animation styles, I have to pick one category and just be listed in that one style of animation category regardless of my services?

You can set whether you accept custom orders from your sellers page and is applied to all your gigs.

So this is an individual change you can decide on.

About your gig with multiple services, we are always aiming to improve our structures.

To allow you to set relevant pricing factors for a concrete service the new structures are dedicated per service type, which we encourage you to pick.

Wishing you all the best!

Dear Marina,

I hope this helps.

Through “Get a quote” buyers will be asked structured and relevant questions on their requests

How can I see what are these structured and relevant questions for all my GIGs? Is there a way I can adapt them or suggest modification? Is the only way to see how the ordering process looks like from the buyer’s end to get someone to order from me and record it?

Will structured and relevant questions be different for logo seller A from logo seller B?

Through “Get a quote” buyers will be asked structured and relevant questions on their requests

How can I see what are these structured and relevant questions for all my GIGs? Is there a way I can adapt them or suggest modification? Is the only way to see how the ordering process looks like from the buyer’s end to get someone to order from me and record it?

Will structured and relevant questions be different for logo seller A from logo seller B?

For selected categories we offer this request form and constantly work to improve this going forward.

You can see the pop up when clicking “Request a Quote” in any gig in Whiteboard and Animated Explainers.

I very much recommend all sellers to communicate your individual requirements for orders in your gig descriptions and the FAQ section to set the right expectations and facilitate a smooth order flow.

structured and relevant questions

So if I understand correctly Fiverr changed structure from Contact seller to Request a quote but the “structured and relevant questions” are only functioning in Whiteboard and animated explainer category.

For all other categories people see “Request a quote” button that has identical outcome as if it was saying Contact seller, nothing changes for other categories?

So that is something coming in next update?

structured and relevant questions

So if I understand correctly Fiverr changed structure from Contact seller to Request a quote but the “structured and relevant questions” are only functioning in Whiteboard and animated explainer category.

For all other categories people see “Request a quote” button that has identical outcome as if it was saying Contact seller, nothing changes for other categories?

So that is something coming in next update?

It seems to be the same in other categories too.

The structured and relevant questions for “get a quote” from the profile page just give boxes for the description of what you want, a way to attach files, the category and subcategory it’s about, no. of delivery days you want the seller to do it in and the budget.

Maybe the structured questions in the gig page are talking about the fields you can specify depending on the subcategory of the gig (like “Characters included” for 2d animated explainer subcat), since there’s no “get a quote” option on the gig page (edit: you’re right - there is that option on some gigs).

Dear Marina,

I hope this helps.

Nope.

I just check all your GIGs and all have Contact seller. Only Whiteboard has get a quote.

So this is affecting only one category but you can not selectively deactivate it.

So we have a completely messy concept that is valid in one category but you can either turn it off for all GIGs or activate for all gigs but it doesn’t create the same effect to all gigs, only affects Whiteboard.

@video_at_fvrr How do I replace the Request quote to Contact seller and keep accepting custom offers to all GIGs?

Archived