Fiverr Community Forum

Who are the sellers on fiverr?

It appears to me that people who are happy making $5 are those living in poorest countries of the world. For them 10 ,20,30 dollars is a reasonable amount.so guys if tou think you can earn a living on fivere while living in developed world, you are mistaken.

However you can easily exploit people by asking for a lot of work for pennies. How unfair it is. Absolute exploitation of freelancers

You can only ask for what the person quotes (for the most part), so the seller is fine with offering tons of work for pennies.

OK then

Right. Guess I’m being exploited then. LOL.

Understand there are many sellers making over $5000 a month and some making over $10,000 a month.

Yes in some of the more impoverished places in the world you will find good bargains here but $5 is considered a lot there and buys more.

I don’t mind the spare change, helps me pay for petrol and beer… :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t have any idea how much I charge for a single project :smiley: :smiley: For $5, I would only spend 10 minutes on a website. Probably fixing a minor bug.

But, then there are sellers who will promise to build another Facebook in 3 days for $5. Well, what can I say about them :slight_smile: :smiley:

A good freelancer will never undersell his product. No matter if he/she is a level 1, level 2 or a top rated seller.

Welcome to the Globalized World, my friend.

In that case this is the best exploitation ever.

The fact that fiverr is for $5 doesn’t mean we earn $5 or we are being exploited.
Majority earn $5 in 15 minutes
We do what we love.

I’m happy making 5.00… several times a day :stuck_out_tongue:
I think it’s awesome that people from around the world can do their work online, and bonus if the currency translates into a high value in their country.